RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Demon's Souls [BLES00932]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(06-26-2018, 09:44 AM)Yessos Wrote: [ -> ]@caradegian oh, wow, you helped me a lot here, thanks. Not being able to play it even though it was marked as playable was very frustrating. It would be helpful if it would tell on what build it was tested playable maybe. I wasn't aware you can download any previous build from the download page, thanks a lot again.

I'm using 6692 build
I’m also using 6692 build and so far no problem.
(06-25-2018, 11:58 PM)caradegian Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2018, 03:48 AM)Yessos Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2018, 04:43 PM)Yessos Wrote: [ -> ]It's not playable anymore at least since May 13: https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/4568
Game freezes on ragdoll animation and enemy roll. Status should be changed to Ingame.

This is just misleading. You download whatever build is there right now on your website and it's not playable at all but you say it is. WineHQ for example has no problems with lowering rating on regressions. Are you gonna keep it as "Playable" because it was playable once on some older build indefinitely? How do you get that older build anyway? It's not on github. You would have to build it yourself. How is this rating helpful then anyway? It's not helpful for average person at all - it is misleading and confusing.

sorry but you´re wrong, the emularto isnt in alpha yet, its been devolped. if the game is playable, means that you can play it with some build, no one has the obligation to teach you how to do it, if you ask you can know, but no with that way ↑. the build to play is 0.0.5 - 6718, that is the last one and and does not mean that it is the best, they are continuously changing code lines to find the best possible emulation. If you go to download and READ or just only scroll you will find "Build History" ther you can search al the build you want. When the emulator is finished you will be able to download it and play any game depending on your PC, regardless of whether they continue to release new versions and there you will be able to complain about something, although nobody is charging you. Regards

Your logic is flawed. If it's not working in the current version of the emulator, where before it was playable then that means it is no longer playable. Thus the games status needs to be changed to intro in the compatibility list.
I set up RPCS3 today, and following the instructions to run Demon's Souls, I can hardly see anything when using Vulkan.

I'm basically seeing images that look like the screenshots in this old bug report:
https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/2688

However, I'm quite sure that Write Color Buffers is enabled.

It renders normally when I use openGL.
If you have a custom configuration for the game (indicated by the settings icon next to the name of the game in the game list) then you must right-click the game and hit configure in order to change its settings.
If this is the case, make sure you have write color buffers enabled in the custom config. I can't provide much help if people don't attach log files. Attach the RPCS3.log.gz file which is inside the rpcs3 folder after running demon's souls then closing RPCS3 upload the log here. Or even better, ask for help in our discord https://discord.me/RPCS3 server in the #help channel.
I have updated to the version 7153, and uses vulkan renderer. Vsync on, frame limiter off.

With Vulkan, it does take about a minute for the objects to start rendering initially then afterwards it’s fine for thr rest of the game.
Demon Souls, using current RPCS3 build 7376, game crashes while loading.... I deleted all shaders for the game and reloaded them. Same issue. Color buggers IS enabled.

Anyone else having this problem or am I just unlucky? Any known fix?
@leebo730 That's not a bug, it's the result of our asynchronous shader implementation, read about it here https://rpcs3.net/blog/2018/08/08/elimin...mentation/
You will see that while the graphics will be broken for a few seconds when loading a new area for the first time as shaders compile instead of stuttering.

@"cleverest" It should work, it does for me. If you want help I suggest following the link above and asking on discord.
Im using current build 7454 and still there is massive fps drop in Boletarian palace. Is there any way to fix this ? Or is this becasue of my cpu i7 4770K 3.5 Ghz ?
Well without knowing what settings you're using it's hard to know if you have bad settings... but just make sure you're using Vulkan (if your gpu supports it) 1280x720 resolution (use resolution SCALING to increase resolution instead) and use PPU + SPU LLVM
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33