RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Demon's Souls [BLES00932]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
The game runs fantastic on my PC (i7 6700K, 980Ti), keeping 30fps most of the times,
but it's got a problem, basically, when looking straight at the entrance of Boletaria Palace, the frame rate drops (to about 5-15 i'd say), but rpcs3 still displays that it is running at 30fps.
The rest of the game runs fine, the problem is probably due to the large number of objects in the viewport.
A screenshot to clarify the view i'm talking about:
https://i.imgur.com/hcjlXwZ.jpg

I'm using all the suggested settings and have tried changing most of them with no results.
I've played a lot of Demons Soul on rpcs3 lately, i've pretty decent performance with my system (4790k, 1070, 16gb ram) and the settings from the main post on this thread. Sadly there are A LOT of crashes with Vulkan api and some other random fatal error.
Today i've tried to play on OpenGL and the performance are not that bad, not at all. It's almost the same as vulkan but sometimes you will have BIG swaps when the cache is compliling new stuff.
I'll try to play on OpenGL a bit more and i'll let you know.

Anyone esle with a similar experience?
(01-05-2018, 12:31 PM)CerealKiller Wrote: [ -> ]@"Nrgte" : Let the game run for a while. It will compile shaders every time it encounters something, that it doesn't have a shader for. That can cause stutters, usually after a while the game runs smooth. Also if you close the game and start again the compiled shaders will remain in the repository, so it's only a "very first" thing, unless you choose to flush your shaders for whatever reason.

Yeah I noticed that it get's better after a while but never gets to a point where frame drops stop completly. Also de Audio stuttering is prevalent.
Strangely it isn't working for me without lighting flickering with Vulkan or crash in the intro video with OpenGL.
Could it be related to Ryzen CPU's, RX Vega graphics cards or AMD FreeSync?
The american version has the same issues for me.
Here you can find my thread I've opened in the support category, for more detail about my issues.
now all of suden program wont start at all.
(01-15-2018, 08:29 AM)Xerrok Wrote: [ -> ]Strangely it isn't working for me without lighting flickering with Vulkan or crash in the intro video with OpenGL.
Could it be related to Ryzen CPU's, RX Vega graphics cards or AMD FreeSync?
The american version has the same issues for me.
Here you can find my thread I've opened in the support category, for more detail about my issues.

Maybe a Vega thing, not a single RPCS3 team member has it.

(01-16-2018, 10:32 AM)kmetek Wrote: [ -> ]now all of suden program wont start at all.

Delete all .yml files and the config files in the data directory.
(01-16-2018, 12:24 PM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a Vega thing, not a single RPCS3 team member has it.

Maybe...
Just for testing purposes, I will swap my Vega with my old R9 290 and let you know if there's a change.

I thought the rpcs3 emulation was CPU-based and the graphics card is unimportant?

(01-16-2018, 12:24 PM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a Vega thing, not a single RPCS3 team member has it.

You totally nailed it!
I've just tested it, and with my old R9 290 it's working fine.
See my original thread for more Information please.
If you need someone to test stuff for RX Vega cards, I could help you with it.
I have a GTX 750 1 GB, i5 3470 3.20, 8 GB RAM 1333 MHz. The game run always in 30 fps but with a lot of stuttering, I've tried a lot of configs. Is there anyway to fix this? What should i upgrade to run without stuttering?
I tested Demon's Souls with these specs:

CPU: i7-4770
GPU: GTX 770 2GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3

The game runs fine with recommended settings, however framerate is very unstable, depending on what's on screen. If I'm looking at a wall I get 30 fps or even more (can't tell how many exactly since frame counter always says 30, but somewhere between 30 and 50), but it drops drastically to 15 or even less if there are NPCs, enemies or a more complex landscape. For example it's very noticeable at Boletarian Palace entrance, looking away from the gate almost doubles fps. There are also some minor audio glitches when fps drops happen, like stuttering or SFX entering loops. I tried changing resolution since I thought it was related to GPU but it made almost no difference. Different numbers of SPU threads made no difference either. Is there something else I can try, or maybe this is simply the best I can get from my configuration?
I tried it on a workstation and can say it's performance also depends on the operating system.

CPU: E5-2630L v2
GPU: GTX 960 2GB
RAM: 96GB DDR3

With Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and actual nvidia proprietary drivers, with the recommended settings and vulcan Demon Soul's is audio stuttering and fps dropping so heavy, it's unplayable.

With Windows 10 on the same machine with the same settings it works very smooth with >30 fps.
Only small stuttering and FPS drops to 15 fps with very complex scenery.

I couldn't try it with other and more modern linux distributions yet, but are planing to test it with Fedora soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33