RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Demon's Souls [BLES00932]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Thank you Ani. By the way, game has been crashing for me on build "rpcs3-v0.0.4-2018-02-16-877b296f_win64" it didn't happen before. I'm not sure it has anything to do with the Thread Scheduler implementation, could anyone confirm this? Is anyone having issues?

I'm on a Intel i7 8700K
I gave the game a good test a few weeks ago. Runs ok, 10-15 fps most of the time, though that depends on what area I'm in. Whilst the game is playable I'd not say that it's ideal yet. When things get to a constant solid framerate without any fps drops, then that's ideal for me.

i7-4790K.
@Icemann what settings? uou should get a lot more than 10-15 fps with that CPU if you use the right settings. DeS is definitely playable.
@"icemann" I'm also sure you should get better perfomance. @"Asinine" I'm getting crashes with the lastest revision. System freezes and reboots. Intel i7 8700K
Settings (I left the emulator on the default settings for the most part):

CPU:

PPU Decoder - Recompiler LLVM
SPU Decoder - ASMJIT
Firmware Settings - Load libsprx only

Additional settings:

Enable thread scheduler
Enable SPU loop detection

GPU:

Renderer - OpenGL

Additional Settings:

Write color buffers (I enabled this one myself as I was getting a black screen after creating a character)
Use GPU Texture Scaling

Audio - xAudio2

If you need any other setting infos let me know and I'll post what's set, but I basically left things on defaults as this was my first time using this emulator. I've been a LONG time user of PCSX2 for the PS2 side of things. So needing to use speed hacks etc I'm well versed in. Though not so much with this one Smile.

Some further PC spec stuff:

RAM: 16GB
GFX Card: GeForce GTX 970
OS: Windows 7 64 bit (personal preference, I'm not a fan of Windows 8 or 10).

A few years ago when I got my last PC upgrade I went all out and got the best I could at the time, since these days you only really need to upgrade your PC every 4-5 years. So when I do, do an upgrade I upgrade to the max.
(02-19-2018, 05:19 PM)icemann Wrote: [ -> ]Settings (I left the emulator on the default settings for the most part):

CPU:

PPU Decoder - Recompiler LLVM
SPU Decoder - ASMJIT
Firmware Settings - Load libsprx only

Additional settings:

Enable thread scheduler
Enable SPU loop detection

GPU:

Renderer - OpenGL

Additional Settings:

Write color buffers (I enabled this one myself as I was getting a black screen after creating a character)
Use GPU Texture Scaling

Audio - xAudio2

If you need any other setting infos let me know and I'll post what's set, but I basically left things on defaults as this was my first time using this emulator. I've been a LONG time user of PCSX2 for the PS2 side of things. So needing to use speed hacks etc I'm well versed in. Though not so much with this one Smile.

Some further PC spec stuff:

RAM: 16GB
GFX Card: GeForce GTX 970
OS: Windows 7 64 bit (personal preference, I'm not a fan of Windows 8 or 10).

A few years ago when I got my last PC upgrade I went all out and got the best I could at the time, since these days you only really need to upgrade your PC every 4-5 years. So when I do, do an upgrade I upgrade to the max.

This game work best with Vulkan, try that out and see if you get more FPS.
(02-19-2018, 05:47 PM)jasmvlad Wrote: [ -> ]This game work best with Vulkan, try that out and see if you get more FPS.

I did try that earlier on, and didn't notice much of a difference.
(02-19-2018, 06:12 PM)icemann Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2018, 05:47 PM)jasmvlad Wrote: [ -> ]This game work best with Vulkan, try that out and see if you get more FPS.

I did try that earlier on, and didn't notice much of a difference.

On 0.0.4.6439 the only settings I changed after downloading the build:

- PreferredĀ SPU threads: 3
- Vulkan Renderer
- Write Color Buffers [X]
- Controller inputs

I only tested through the tutorial level so far but it runs at constant 30 FPS for me with the only problem being the invisible solider shield.
Ok updating to the latest build. Will post results. Setting to vulcan this time.

Results:

25-30 FPS. A nice change. Hmm. Compatibility database got automatically included this time round (I didn't have that setup previously).

Audio was a bit choppy, and it turned off entirely on going to one of those runways where the dragon sweeps down breathing fire and was off from then on. I'd had this happen to me randomly in other areas, on other tests. Is there a way to stop audio from cutting out?
@Icemann you did not list all the settings, regardless SPU Threads is a very important option for performance and if you leave it at auto then it will be considerably slower.

Try SPU 2, 3 and 4 see what's the fastest. Also use 16x forced AF. It's best to talk in the RPCS3 discord as these forums are more for reporting compatibility and not the best for technical support as it's quite slow.
https://discord.me/RPCS3
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33