RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Demon's Souls [BLES00932]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
I know my machine is probably going to struggle anyway but what's the deal? Pretty sure I've tried everything and I'm still getting the E LDR: Invalid disc directory for the disc game BLES00932
S LDR: Boot successful error. Screenshot attached also showing file structure and directory path. I would be stoked to get this running in any capacity.
Is there a fix to the audio stuttering? The general background music seems to do nothing but loop one sound and sometimes all the audio just cuts out fully
Yo
Thanks for this emu
I use the last version which is 0.05-6718

The progress of the project is impressive but there are still many problems I notice. I read on reddit that i7-7700hq is a good cpu so I think a have a good config to begin with. Laptop i7-7700hq + gtx 1070

As said above, the sound is often completely cut. you need to restart rpcs3 to correct the problem (I use xaudio2, the others are worse)
Nvidia shows constant 30 fps (except during some explosions or else like these which drop the fps badly) but I have the feeling that's not 30fps, clearly below. i think it is because of the game which is originally below 30 fps. Need a fix.
More technical question : I don't get why creators of emu' (cemu, rpcs3 etc) do not use the gpu to help the cpu to calculate. Modern gpus are like cpu, they can calculate many things. Why not just open a circuit to relieve the cpu ? Especially with gpu Pascal series which are clearly monsters.
On my config the cpu use is above 90%, the gpu use is less than 35% with anisotropic x 16 and RS 4K.
So why not take some of the computing power of the gpu to allocate it to a task reserved for the CPU ? Too complicated to set up I guess.
My game keeps crashing in the tutorials, tried many times with the same configuration as OP. Using ryzen 5 2600x with gtx 1070.
I have completed the game on rpcs3 (0.0.5-6694) without relevant problem. Having played the game on ps3 already, i had some means of comparison.
The game run at stable 30fps on Vulkan at 1440p and "4" Preferred SPU Threads, with little slowdowns or stuttering. I tried OpenGL but the performance was worse, mainly the stuttering due to shader compilation.
CPU: i7 6700K (slightly overclocked), GTX 980 Ti (factory overclocked), Win 10
I'm reporting everything i can remember, for users and devs, but i think there are a few things i forgot.
Don't worry about the crashes for this game as it loads every time you do anything ((and it makes you save souls).

Bugs/problems:
-Playable character shield is invisible (OpenGL and Vulkan)
-At leats 2 objects were invisible in the game, i've noticed because they still had collisions (proved with Vulkan, but i assume also with OpenGL)
1) Fool's Idol Archstone: The gigantic meat blob in the middle of the tower, but only you cut bot chains and it drops on the bottom (visible at: https://youtu.be/l8Pz93x1Z64?t=26m38s)
2) Adjudicator Archstone: The dead flying rays on the floor (visible at: https://youtu.be/j2Tz0z1ioSE?t=8m52s)
-Slugs in Shrine of Storms (and some other things i can't remember now) were extremely bright and created excessive bloom (I have screenshots). Also slugs brightness was flickering between frames (proved with Vulkan, but i assume also with OpenGL)
-Looking at the sun creates an extremely high bloom/rays (OpenGL and Vulkan)
-Corrupted textures when after reloading the map after dying (corruptions were different at every load, and would later disappear) (I have screenshots)

Crashes:
-Crashes when loading after death (only proved with Vulkan)
-Crashes when loading a new zone from the nexus (happened with both Vulkan and OpenGL, i had to load another zone and then go back to the nexus and try to load the one i originally wanted again)
-Crashes after playing too long, preceded by Windows Cursor showing the "loading" circle animation (only experienced with Vulkan), that then only happen if you double click on the game window, and go away after some time if you didn't

Unsure:
-The gargoyles in Adjudicator Archstone had some really weird behaviour, especially when attempting to land on air, but i can't say that this doesn't happen on ps3
-Some static dead bodies (the ones with a reward you can pick up) in Armor Spider Archstone were rendering weird from a distance (i have screenshots). I don't think this happens on ps3.
-Some overlapping transparent objects gave weird results, i'm not sure if this happened on ps3 but anyway i can't remember what it was.
-Depth of field seemed to be fine, but i can't guaranteed it scales perfectly with the resolution

Improvable:
-Input is sometimes ignored (maybe when in between frames?), i had a feeling that this was an rpcs3 related problem
-When talking to someone the game "hands" of about 0.3 seconds (to load the audio files?)
-Slowdowns when breaking too many things at the same time (also happens on ps3 but not as much)
(05-14-2018, 02:37 AM)gnrgui Wrote: [ -> ]My game keeps crashing in the tutorials, tried many times with the same configuration as OP. Using ryzen 5 2600x with gtx 1070.

Hi, have you solve the problem?
Ive got the same issue.
I test the game with version  0.0.5-6805,the game freeze,i send the video and log file.
The emulator from problems, and does not close, when I force the closure gives me error, and I do not create the file rar.log.
https://youtu.be/npwZreM-Alg
(05-21-2018, 01:43 PM)kanelakis Wrote: [ -> ]I test the game with version  0.0.5-6805,the game freeze,i send the video and log file.
The emulator from problems, and does not close, when I force the closure gives me error, and I do not create the file rar.log.
https://youtu.be/npwZreM-Alg

Hey,
please let me know if u find a solution. I have the exact same problem, as soon as the souls add up to the counter the game freezes.
RPCS3 v0.0.5-6826-b230b0df0 Alpha | HEAD
Intel® Core™ i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz | 12 Threads | 13.92 GiB RAM | AVX
my game freeze on the first  now loading screen after the first bone fire or if my character moved a dead body with hes legs  my game freeze  too 
it was perfect until i add the 60 fps patch and after deleting the patch the freezing steel there any body can help 
this is the patch--- 
PPU-5446a2645880eefa75f7e374abd6b7818511e2ef: #BLES00932
 - [be16, 0x26AC0, 0x981f]
I've got the same problem, but without having ever installed the 60FPS patch.

My games crashes on the first loading screen.
I tried to pick a slower PPU/SPU decoder, it works, but the audio is seriously messed up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33