RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Nier [BLUS30481]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

dannyloic33

the game is working only with vulkan and the build in the demon's souls announcement
it crashes with the lastest build

everything is white in-game

rpcs3 ver. 71ad51e0

auto lle & intepeter PPU / SPU
vulkan
gtx 560 ti opengl
intel hd 610 vulkan & dx12

video (the quality is bad due to my obs settinsg and i had to compress it because of my internet)
[
Nier graphics started to work semi properly
using @kd-11 special build e5298c3e 0.0.2-671
it works only with vk with write buffer selected
but characters still glitched though.
Nier is working with these settings.

[Image: Screenshot_4.jpg][Image: Screenshot_5.jpg][Image: Screenshot_6.jpg][Image: Screenshot_7.jpg]
I no longer have any major visual glitches in the newest build (v0.0.3-6034) up until the quest where you go to the lost shrine.
Seems this game is meant to run at 30 FPS not 60. With the sound dsync anyway it seems to be closest at 30 fps. If you select 60 it gets way out of sync way to quickly. Since the audio and video are synced by FPS. When it dips below 30 or above 30 it dsyncs. even by a half a frame over or below. It starts adding up rather quickly.

On v0.0.3-3-cc594ad Alpha, it doesn't seem able to get past the prologue anymore. No idea when it busted. I have tried multiple settings though I am up for suggestions.
I'm getting a error when loading Nier new game & save file .(edited)
F {rsx::thread} class std::runtime_error thrown: Verification failed:
(in file c:\projects\rpcs3\rpcs3\emu\rsx\vk\VKTextureCache.h:61)

The game loads fine without "write color buffers" enabled but, it's needed for Nier.
Decided to try it out on Linux and it is indeed a pretty playable 20-30 fps, even with 400% resolution scale. There is noticeable sound stutter that seems to get worse after pausing and resuming emulation though. [Image: Tno1qbj.jpg]
(01-08-2018, 10:53 PM)smoothtoast Wrote: [ -> ]Decided to try it out on Linux and it is indeed a pretty playable 20-30 fps, even with 400% resolution scale. There is noticeable sound stutter that seems to get worse after pausing and resuming emulation though. [Image: Tno1qbj.jpg]
Running version 0.0.4-6304-4231ea2e Alpha

Seems to be working nicely for me too. I am ranging from 15-35 fps depending on how much is onscreen. I got to the top of the shrine, to the mailbox before stopping, and it felt playable.

I notice that the HDR effect is a little inconsistent but heck, I'm amazed at the progress.

Ooh and if you set the resolution to anything other than 1280x720 in the GPU tab, the game wont boot. However, you can set the rendering size to whatever you like, and in the Emulator tab set the window size to whatever you like and it works fine.

Settings:
Code:
Core:
  PPU Decoder: Recompiler (LLVM)
  PPU Threads: 2
  PPU Debug: false
  Save LLVM logs: false
  Use LLVM CPU: ""
  SPU Decoder: Recompiler (ASMJIT)
  Bind SPU threads to secondary cores: false
  Lower SPU thread priority: false
  SPU Debug: false
  Maximum immediate DMA write size: 16384
  Preferred SPU Threads: 0
  SPU delay penalty: 3
  SPU loop detection: true
  Lib Loader: Automatically load required libraries
  Hook static functions: false
  Load libraries:
    []
VFS:
  $(EmulatorDir): ""
  /dev_hdd0/: $(EmulatorDir)dev_hdd0/
  /dev_hdd1/: $(EmulatorDir)dev_hdd1/
  /dev_flash/: $(EmulatorDir)dev_flash/
  /dev_usb000/: $(EmulatorDir)dev_usb000/
  /dev_bdvd/: ""
  /app_home/: ""
  Enable /host_root/: false
Video:
  Renderer: Vulkan
  Resolution: 1280x720
  Aspect ratio: 16:9
  Frame limit: Auto
  Write Color Buffers: true
  Write Depth Buffer: false
  Read Color Buffers: false
  Read Depth Buffer: false
  Log shader programs: false
  VSync: true
  Debug output: false
  Debug overlay: false
  Use Legacy OpenGL Buffers: false
  Use GPU texture scaling: true
  Stretch To Display Area: false
  Force High Precision Z buffer: false
  Strict Rendering Mode: false
  Disable ZCull Occlusion Queries: false
  Disable Vertex Cache: false
  Enable Frame Skip: false
  Force CPU Blit: false
  Consecutive Frames To Draw: 1
  Consecutive Frames To Skip: 1
  Resolution Scale: 200
  Anisotropic Filter Override: 0
  Minimum Scalable Dimension: 16
  Driver Recovery Timeout: 1000000
  D3D12:
    Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
  Vulkan:
    Adapter: GeForce GTX 1070
Audio:
  Renderer: XAudio2
  Dump to file: false
  Convert to 16 bit: false
  Downmix to Stereo: true
  Buffer Count: 32
  Start Threshold: 1
Input/Output:
  Keyboard: "Null"
  Mouse: Basic
  Pad: Keyboard
  Camera: "Null"
  Camera type: Unknown
System:
  Language: Japanese
Net:
  Connection status: Disconnected
  IP address: 192.168.1.1
Miscellaneous:
  Automatically start games after boot: true
  Exit RPCS3 when process finishes: false
  Start games in fullscreen mode: false
  Show FPS counter in window title: true
  Show trophy popups: true
  Port: 2345
Log: {}

More detailed logs are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjmas9mxtr70pzy/RPCS3.7z?dl=0
Generally speaking, things are looking better on "rpcs3-v0.0.4-2018-01-19-f908daf3_win64" although since I installed Spectre fix, shader compilation is much slower than before and I have a little lower fps. However, graphically, things are looking nicer now.

Some objects' shadows are visible when there is terrain in front of it  (screenshot 2) and that is new (but no big deal right? :Big Grin)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d0wuvjbvdyhro...1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpy4hjy5zpufh4...t.jpg?dl=0

Log file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qji3vf1z8xtc6...18.gz?dl=0
Using version rpcs3-v0.0.5-6465-a766478e_win64, I see a drastic improvement in lighting and texture quality.

The lighting is less... faded looking. I mean I know the original has a pretty muted colour pallette, but, it is less white looking that what we currently get ingame. But its really exciting to see improvements!

The texture quality has improved greatly. Things look less... plastic and wet. And the texture colours are showing through much stronger. Again, still a little to go but improvements like this are exciting. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7