RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Build Testing With DX12 Reserved For Windows 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

vlj

I have the depth buffer rendered in the bottom right hand corner too, I'm not sure why since it should be set by the scale/offset value.

I enabled mrt read/write. Similar to depth_read, when context_dma_color_a/b/c/d changes, or when a semaphore is released, the content of the color buffer is written to.
The cube_mrt.ppu.elf test should work properly now.

Ekaseo

when the dx12 branch is merged, could you do it so that you dont need mvs140(something) to run the emu? because i dont know how the emu is gonna work on linux for example...

vlj

I don't understand what you meant. Why is msvc140 problematic for Linux build ?

Ekaseo

i dont know, but for some reason, it does not let me run rpcs3 on my windows 7. is there a newer version of Visual C++ Redistributable Packages? i have them for year 2013. So i dont know why the emu does not even run... even if the emu supports dx12, it should be at least able to run and choose the opengl if i want to.

Dante38490

Last Build 30/05/2015

With Last commit, look Here

Other Video

d875j

(05-30-2015, 09:42 PM)Dante38490 Wrote: [ -> ]Last Build 30/05/2015
Snip
With Last commit, look Here

Amazing.

jacky400

Nice progress on the DX12 renderer.

[raven02]

vlj

I tested the DX12 renderer with Arkedo swap game, with current code it crashes but with some dirty hack I got it running.
I'm getting almost twice the fps as with GL renderer in game (ie 17 fps with DX12 vs 9-10 with GL).

There is some room for improvement for DX12 (per frame vertex buffer caching is one of them) and GL (again per frame vbo + texture caching) but I think we can't reach 60 fps without tracking texture data modification in local memory (to avoid reuploading texture each frame).

Unfortunalty I don't know where in rpcs3 RSX local memory is "stored" so that I can try to record memory write to region of data.

d875j

(06-01-2015, 12:27 AM)vlj Wrote: [ -> ]I tested the DX12 renderer with Arkedo swap game, with current code it crashes but with some dirty hack I got it running.
I'm getting almost twice the fps as with GL renderer in game (ie 17 fps with DX12 vs 9-10 with GL).

There is some room for improvement for DX12 (per frame vertex buffer caching is one of them) and GL (again per frame vbo + texture caching) but I think we can't reach 60 fps without tracking texture data modification in local memory (to avoid reuploading texture each frame).

Unfortunalty I don't know where in rpcs3 RSX local memory is "stored" so that I can try to record memory write to region of data.
This might work. Best idea i've heard. Doing this can help so much more on games.

vlj

With last commit Arkedo 2 swap should work (I tested arcade mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11