Arkedo Series - 02 Swap! [NPEB00614]
Started by BlackDaemon

200 posts in this topic
Cole Roddy
Unregistered

03-11-2014, 11:50 PM -
(03-11-2014, 10:48 PM)Archanfel Wrote:
(03-11-2014, 10:25 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: make sure to uncheck write depth buffer and write color buffers, then uncheck all HLE./Misc. and audio to null, then pause soundmain thread while running the game and youre done

Thanks, speed increased 10x to almost 5 FPS in-game and 10 FPS at the menus Big Grin

Maybe your cpu is throttling back due to high temps. Mine is clocked at 5GHz and I can run at speeds like the mentioned by Ekaseo. You could likely do it as well. Check your temps while running. You can use RealTemp to do so. Google it.
thelight
Unregistered

03-12-2014, 07:47 AM -
@Hykem are you writting a tool to decrypt the PS3 edat file ?
I know another PS3 edat/sdat decrypt tool
TrueAncestor_EDAT_Rebuilder www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=70924
macia10
Unregistered

03-12-2014, 03:31 PM -
Hi,
It says that it needs a rap file. Could you please let me know where should I put it and how it should be named?
Archanfel
Unregistered

03-12-2014, 04:04 PM -
(03-11-2014, 11:50 PM)Cole Roddy Wrote: Maybe your cpu is throttling back due to high temps. Mine is clocked at 5GHz and I can run at speeds like the mentioned by Ekaseo. You could likely do it as well. Check your temps while running. You can use RealTemp to do so. Google it.

My CPU is fine, even under Intel Burn Test the highest it will go is mid 60's. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Interestingly I ran this game earlier and I had more or less 50FPS in the intro screens and around 25FPS in-game and I cannot explain why... now when I run it it's back to slow speed, nothing has been changed settings wise but looking at task manager it doesn't seem to be using my CPU hardly. Could someone compare CPU usage with a similar setup to mine?

I have attached a screenshot so you can see. Thanks!
Cole Roddy
Unregistered

03-12-2014, 08:11 PM -
(03-12-2014, 07:47 AM)thelight Wrote: @Hykem are you writting a tool to decrypt the PS3 edat file ?
I know another PS3 edat/sdat decrypt tool
TrueAncestor_EDAT_Rebuilder www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=70924

I've already recomended that tool as an alternative. And you shouldn't post links from ps3hax.net. It's mainly a pirate's dedicated site.

Also, Hykem's tool works pretty much the same way. And it's free of constraints.

(03-12-2014, 04:04 PM)Archanfel Wrote:
(03-11-2014, 11:50 PM)Cole Roddy Wrote: Maybe your cpu is throttling back due to high temps. Mine is clocked at 5GHz and I can run at speeds like the mentioned by Ekaseo. You could likely do it as well. Check your temps while running. You can use RealTemp to do so. Google it.

My CPU is fine, even under Intel Burn Test the highest it will go is mid 60's. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Interestingly I ran this game earlier and I had more or less 50FPS in the intro screens and around 25FPS in-game and I cannot explain why... now when I run it it's back to slow speed, nothing has been changed settings wise but looking at task manager it doesn't seem to be using my CPU hardly. Could someone compare CPU usage with a similar setup to mine?

It happened to me once. I had to reboot my PC to solve it due to odd configs I have. If it does not do the trick for you, try again with a fresh RPCS3 folder.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
03-12-2014, 08:20 PM -
(03-12-2014, 04:04 PM)Archanfel Wrote:
(03-11-2014, 11:50 PM)Cole Roddy Wrote: Maybe your cpu is throttling back due to high temps. Mine is clocked at 5GHz and I can run at speeds like the mentioned by Ekaseo. You could likey do it as well. Check your temps while running. You can use RealTemp to do so. Google it.

Ok, That's strange. I don't think its the reason, but could you also check GPU usage in for instance GPU-Z?

If that too is low maybe some random bug causes a catastrophic amount of CPU cache misses and memory latency and speed actually becomes the bottleneck. Don't really think that's actually possible though...
Cole Roddy
Unregistered

03-12-2014, 08:47 PM -
Forgot to mention: when that happened to me, I noticed that my GPU got stuck at 2D clocks. That's why I had to reboot my PC to fix the slowndown issue. Nvidia GTX670 here.
Archanfel
Unregistered

03-12-2014, 09:30 PM -
Ok, I checked GPU-Z while it's running and my card is indeed running at 2d clocks (300/150) and GPU usage is less than 5%. So I started another emulator at the same time, one that I know puts my card into 3d clocks (Demul) and RPCS3 went upto 15fps on the menu so it did increase however not to the values i've had it before (around 30FPS menu). CPU usage across all 4 cores remained under 25% so something isn't right.

I tried replacing just the exe earlier with the latest build and the first time I ran it I had great speed (50intro,30menu,25-30ingame) but now it's back slow again and I can't think what could be causing it, next time it runs at good speed I'll have to check everything to see what's different.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
03-12-2014, 11:15 PM -
Interesting. If this is an emulator problem I want to know. I will be investigating performance for recent builds under the conditions you described when I'm back at my PC on Friday afternoon European time. But please report if you find a way to reliably reproduce the issue.
nem333
Unregistered

03-13-2014, 05:11 AM -
great work Smile dont give up my friends

Cheers since spain and best regardsShy