Gran Turismo 5 Graphics Fix
Started by Adam_da_Chef10

2 posts in this topic
Adam_da_Chef10

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2024
01-06-2024, 08:27 PM -
Hello! I've recently got Gran Turismo 5 running on Rpcs3 after tinkering with it for a bit, and so far the experience has been good. I get a stable 60 FPS in both menus and races and have experienced no major issues except freezing when buying a car (which I fixed via instructions from the wiki). However I've noticed that some of the graphics are blurry/pixelated, namely the catchfences at tracks like Grand Valley and the badging on most cars. It's more annoying rather than game breaking, but I'm wondering if it's possible to fix and if so how? I've provided images as well as my PC Specs and Rpcs3 settings.

PC SPECS: 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Processor
Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1660 Super graphics card
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS Motherboard
16GB Ram

Rpcs3 SETTINGS:

Version 0.0.30-15916-80b7fd5f Alpha

CPU
PPU Decoder LLVM
SPU Decoder ASMJIT (Used to fix car buying bug)
Approximate Xfloat
SPU Block Size Mega
SPU Threads Auto

GPU

Vulkan renderer
16:9 Aspect Ratio
Framelimit off
Anisotropic filter auto
Anti-aliasing off
Precise ZCULL
1280x720 resolution
125% resolution scale (1600x900)
Resolution threshold default
Shader mode only Async (multi-threaded) enabled
Auto Shader Complier Threads
VSync, Multithreaded RSX, and Asynchronous Textures enabled

ADVANCED:

Accurate RSX reservation enabled
PPU Non-Java mode enabled
PPU/SPU LLVM Precompilation enabled
Firmware Libraries,GPU,Sleep Timers,SPUR Threads all default
RSX FIFO Atomic
Vblavk Frequency 60hz
Driver Wakeup Delay 200

DEBUG:

Disable Zcull Occlusion enabled
Force GPU Texture Scaling enabled

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Kingoftheroad

5 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2024
01-28-2024, 02:31 PM -
(01-06-2024, 08:27 PM)Adam_da_Chef10 Wrote: Hello! I've recently got Gran Turismo 5 running on Rpcs3 after tinkering with it for a bit, and so far the experience has been good. I get a stable 60 FPS in both menus and races and have experienced no major issues except freezing when buying a car (which I fixed via instructions from the wiki). However I've noticed that some of the graphics are blurry/pixelated, namely the catchfences at tracks like Grand Valley and the badging on most cars. It's more annoying rather than game breaking, but I'm wondering if it's possible to fix and if so how? I've provided images as well as my PC Specs and Rpcs3 settings.

PC SPECS: 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Processor
Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1660 Super graphics card
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS Motherboard
16GB Ram

Rpcs3 SETTINGS:

Version 0.0.30-15916-80b7fd5f Alpha

CPU
PPU Decoder LLVM
SPU Decoder ASMJIT (Used to fix car buying bug)
Approximate Xfloat
SPU Block Size Mega
SPU Threads Auto

GPU

Vulkan renderer
16:9 Aspect Ratio
Framelimit off
Anisotropic filter auto
Anti-aliasing off
Precise ZCULL
1280x720 resolution
125% resolution scale (1600x900)
Resolution threshold default
Shader mode only Async (multi-threaded) enabled
Auto Shader Complier Threads
VSync, Multithreaded RSX, and Asynchronous Textures enabled

ADVANCED:

Accurate RSX reservation enabled
PPU Non-Java mode enabled
PPU/SPU LLVM Precompilation enabled
Firmware Libraries,GPU,Sleep Timers,SPUR Threads all default
RSX FIFO Atomic
Vblavk Frequency 60hz
Driver Wakeup Delay 200

DEBUG:

Disable Zcull Occlusion enabled
Force GPU Texture Scaling enabled

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2024/01/27 21:57:30: Updated from "0.0.30-16000" to "0.0.30-16011"
I'm happy now. lots of setting twaking and new builds. Big Grin  Finally latest  emu build working great (i don't dare upgrade it)
Older version of the builds i was suffering with unstable glitches on graphics and freezing and stuttering audio sometimes. Now it's stable and game looking great and just as good on the ps3.
I had a couple of freezes early after starting up from defult setting when i was in options in the game. Then i made a custom settings from defult and did a fiew lucky tweaks.
I added the config folder and the save file (B-spec at level 33) to this post so you can try it too.

- SYS: RPCS3 v0.0.30-16011-3dbde04d Alpha | master
- SYS: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 12-Core Processor | 24 Threads | 31.16 GiB RAM | TSC: 3.700GHz | AVX-512+ | FMA3
- SYS: Operating system: Windows, Major: 10, Minor: 0, Build: 22631, Service Pack: none, Compatibility mode: 0
- SYS: Current Time: 2024-01-28T09:35:59
- RSX: Found Vulkan-compatible GPU: 'NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080' running on driver 551.23.0.0
- SYS: Firmware version: 4.82

S SYS: Updates found at /dev_hdd0/game/BCES00569/  

I also have upgraded the game to 2.11 and running GT5_2.11_Master_Mod_1.9.1_(EU-BCES00569) so it is probably a bit heavier to run than defult.

BTW, here is a tip, Grinding up B-spec drivers level can be a bit tedious, so then you can use the  Sebastian Vettel car with sport or racing tires to do the job faster. 
I start a endurance race. Then i right click on the game in the UI, and select change custom configuration then on gpu setting i set framelimit to 30 (less powerdraw/taxing on the gpu/cpu HW). And on audio setting i disable sound (so i don't get disturbed doing other stuff on the pc). Then i select Advanced setting an adjust VBlank frequency from 60hz to 480 hz to speed up the race 8 times, so then the grid goes way faster. (you can go higher hz but it might lead to game crash. (I don't save this new setting, just close the setting window).
I also selct follow camera to a slow car so the emulator dont havve to render new location on track so fast as vettel's car do.

Also my ps4 contoller working great on RPCS3  and way better than on Pcsx2 and using GT4 game: The analog stick felt almost like steering with a digital innput pad and way too twitchy/fast. (if i redused speed to under 100% i then could not give full trottlr and turn with analog stick, and way too slovw return speed on the wheels).
On  RPCS3 i could reduce the deadsone so i got more range to play with controlling the cars. so way more smoother transition from no input to turning  the wheels.tr

I made a demo video on youtube , filmed my 4k 65 inch TV with my phone, so not the best quality

https://youtu.be/DfIQUG8FKHo
Bpsg

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2024
03-16-2024, 04:15 AM -
Antialiasing from "off" to "auto"