RPCS3 "hijack" my PS5 DualSense
Started by H2SO4JB

1 posts in this topic
H2SO4JB

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2022
Question  01-17-2022, 10:15 PM -
Hi,

First of all I want to thank all the developers of RPCS3, you do a fantastic job. 👍🏻

I have a question that I have a hard time finding the answer to when I google. I have a regular PC with Windows 10 and a PS5 DualSense that is connected via Bluetooth. My DualSense works perfectly in Windows/Steam and many other emulators.

The problem I am experiencing now when I test RPCS3 is that RPCS3 "hijack" my DualSense so that it does not work outside the emulator. I don't know how to describe it, but I hope you understand what I mean. I have set up DualSense in RPCS3 and it works perfectly when I start a game. The problem is that RPCS3 takes 100% control of my DualSense so it no longer works outside RPCS3. Even if I quit/kill RPCS3, it refuses to work in Windows again. I need to restart the DualSense for Windows to regain the control.

This is of course no problem if RPCS3 is the only thing I use my DualSense for, but I also use it for other emulators. But the biggest problem occurs when I want to use Launchbox/Bigbox as a frontend and start a game from there with RPCS3. When I quit RPCS3, the DualSense no longer responds in the frontend. No other emulators I have tested behave like this.

So I have three questions right now:

1. Is this a bug or should it be like this?
2. Is there any setting I have missed where I can change this behavior?
3. If I buy a "DualShock 4" instead, will it solve my problem? (if it is related to "DualSense")

Thanks in advance...

Messages In This Thread
RPCS3 "hijack" my PS5 DualSense - by H2SO4JB - 01-17-2022, 10:15 PM