I have some questions about RPCS3
Started by vsub

2 posts in this topic
vsub

34 posts 10 threads Joined: May 2018
05-28-2018, 03:09 PM -
Sorry if this is the wrong place(I was not sure if it has to be here or in Support)and rather than making multiple threads,I thought I should make one with all I want to ask.

I am not new to emulation but I am(kinda) to RPCS3

1.I don't often update but is there any point in clearing the LLVM or/and the Shader cache when updating to some newer version(you could say I update 2 or 3 times a year and I mostly folllow the progress and check how well my games are woking)

2.Strict rendering mode - is that a hack or by enabling it,I will increase the accuracy of the emulation.I am not sure if that's true(if that the reason)but I get a lot less problems if it is enabled compared to disabled and not changing both options that get enabled)

3.The FPS Limit...I don't know if this is a bug or something is limiting the speed but in off state,the games will still run in the correct speed or 60fps max and also in Vulkan mode,it will never go above 60 but in OGL,it can go way above 60fps(vsync is not enabled)
The "Off" option seems to do something different here than in any other emulator I used

4.Is there is any difference(compatibility)between using certain resolution and scaling...for examle if the game support 1080p,is there is any difference between Default Resolution set to 1280x720 with 150% scalling or Default Resolution set to 1920x1080(again I am not talking about graphical quality)

5.Is that normal...I get a lot more audio struttering if I leave the cpu "Minimum Processor State" to default and no stuterring at all if I set it to 98%(the speed I set in Framelimit also seems to affect the audio stutering even tho I can easily reach 60fps on some games(98% cpu + 30fps framelimit = no stuterring at all)

6.Prefered SPU Threads...I am not sure I understand this,what does Auto do

7.If I am not using scaling,does the option "Use GPU Texture Scaling" do anything,do I need to disable it to increase the compatibility
Basically I want to enable/disable all options that increase the accuracy(less crashes...graphical bugs here and there don't bother me)but still get nice fps(I don't play heavy hardware demanding games and I don't care about HD graphics)
Ar Nosurge,Ar Tonelico 3,Atelier Shallie

6700HQ,GTX1060,16GB Ram,Win10

Messages In This Thread
I have some questions about RPCS3 - by vsub - 05-28-2018, 03:09 PM
RE: I have some questions about RPCS3 - by Ani - 05-29-2018, 10:29 AM
RE: I have some questions about RPCS3 - by vsub - 05-29-2018, 03:08 PM