Armored Core: For Answer [BLUS30187]
Started by KarotConCarne

39 posts in this topic
Humboldt

1 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2021
05-07-2021, 01:29 AM -
I'm having the same problem that a few of the other people here are having. having Write Color Buffers and Read Color Buffers on causes the game to crash, but it only does so when the game is loading two or more NEXTs. The game will load perfectly fine with Write/Read Color Buffers enabled if there are no enemy NEXTs in the mission, and your NEXT colors will be accurate, with The only exception being the tutorial which has no other NEXTs, but will always crash with Write Color Buffers. however the second I try loading any mission with an allied or enemy NEXT in the mission it will cause the game to crash with a fatal error that reads:

·F 0:00:51.260796 {PPU[0x1000039] Thread (VsSortieScene) [0x00ccf82c]} VM: Access violation writing location 0x0 (unmapped memory) [type=u32]

I've spent several hours trying different things to get around this to no avail. Interestingly though, I did manage to get a Collared match to load with textures against Fragile, but if I changed my equipment and reloaded, the game crashed again. I tried running the game with it Installed to HDD and without, but resulted in no change. I don't understand the nature of the problem, as your NEXT model loads properly with textures in the ACSIS menu without crashing even with Write Color Buffers enabled. The version of the game I'm running is my own copy that I dumped on my PS3 and then copied over using a USB. It's possible I messed up the dump, but seeing others with the same problem I doubt it. I have noticed the crash in the log feed it shows while the game is running always occurs after the line:

E SYS: 'sys_fs_stat' failed with 0x80010006 : CELL_ENOENT, “/dev_hdd1/cap/ac/parts/back/0130.cap” [1]

Regardless of what mission it's crashing on, it always crashes after a line that reads exactly that. I can't figure this out, so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear it.
as a final note, changing your paint job doesn't affect crashes at all.
Attached are three log files, the first is a generic crash that occurs any time a NEXT shows up (I got the log from a Crash loading Killdozer's fight)
the second is the time I successfully loaded a fight with Fragile with Write Color Buffers Enabled, and the third is the subsequent crash I got after reloading the fight after changing equipment.

EDIT: I think I've discovered something about the nature of the crash. I pointed out that it always crashes after a line that reads "ac/parts/back/0130.cap". I assumed this meant the game was having trouble with textures on back weapons for ACs, and so I tested loading killdozer's fight, which has always crashed under any circumstance previously, without any back weapons equipped and it loaded! textures and all. I loaded up my other save that is on Fragile's fight, and I was able to load that one with textures multiple times using multiple different back weapons that weren't the starter back weapons. I think there is something wrong with the starter back weapons that causes the game to crash when trying to load them around other NEXTs. I will point out that eventually I did crash while loading Fragile's fight with one of the non-starter back weapons, so I believe it's more than just the starter weapons, and that random weapons are seemingly broken. but I'm almost certain at this point that it's an issue with textures on back weapons. Why this is all happening I'm not sure, but I think I've found the source of the problem.
EDIT 2: Game crashes with stabilizers equipped too.
This post was last modified: 05-08-2021, 11:20 PM by Humboldt.

Attached Files
.7z   RPCS3.7z (Size: 2.2 MB / Downloads: 9)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Armored Core: For Answer [BLUS30187] - by KarotConCarne - 07-28-2017, 08:38 AM
RE: Armored Core: For Answer [BLUS30187] - by Ani - 12-18-2020, 06:01 PM
RE: Armored Core: For Answer [BLUS30187] - by Humboldt - 05-07-2021, 01:29 AM
RE: Armored Core: For Answer [BLUS30187] - by KarotConCarne - 07-29-2017, 05:36 PM
RE: Armored Core: For Answer [BLUS30187] - by gespenst - 08-04-2017, 12:31 AM
RE: Armored Core For Answer BLUS30187 - by dystopiate - 08-04-2017, 07:51 PM