Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052]
Started by shoopdahoop22

67 posts in this topic
Anty0

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2018
11-14-2018, 01:50 AM -
I just managed to finish whole game using only RPCS3.
Unfortunately there are still tons of bugs, so I don't consider this game playable yet. (But we are really close!)

System:
Notebook Dell G3
i5-8300H
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile

Configuration:
- PPU: LLVM
- SPU: LLVM
- GPU: Vulkan
- Write color buffers
- Write depth buffer (Must be changed manually in game config file, without this emulator crashes during weapon upgrade and in some other situations.)
- VSync

Most annoying bugs/glitches:
- Lagging at the beginning. = When you load game or change planet, game is literally unplayable for ~2 minutes. It draws quickly ~15 frames and then freeze for half of second and then again. After some time this lagging disappear.
- Emulator leaves opened /dev/nvidia0 files and opens bunch of them every frame, slowing down emulator and eventually causing crash due to limit of opened pipelines (files). This problem is especially visible during all Clank and some space shooting missions, where FPS due to this goes from usual 25-60 down to 0.5 (yes, you see correctly, it really is less then 1 frame per second). During these missions emulator generates hundreds of these pipelines to mentioned file every frame. (It almost seems as driver bug.) This problem appears only while using Vulkan renderer, so possible workaround (I was using) is to switch to OpenGL during these missions, but unfortunately OpenGL renderer is really unstable and didn't held up for me longer then half an hour without segfauting...
- Trying to shoot from one weapon results in game breakage (Ratchets body disappears, you are invincible, you can't shoot or attack... Literally only thing, you can do is walking, because your legs didn't disappear.). Can be solved without game restart by committing suiside (respawn fixes that). Other weapons work perfectly (regarding some graphical glitches).
- All sparking effects in game are "exploding" resulting in white lines on screen, when drawed.

There are also tons of other minor graphical glitches, like not working TVs in game, but they are not intolerable...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052] - by shoopdahoop22 - 02-03-2017, 01:07 AM
RE: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052] - by Anty0 - 11-14-2018, 01:50 AM
RE: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052] - by shoopdahoop22 - 03-17-2017, 11:18 PM
RE: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052] - by shoopdahoop22 - 03-30-2017, 11:24 PM
RE: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052] - by shoopdahoop22 - 06-07-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052] - by shoopdahoop22 - 08-11-2017, 02:09 AM