Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [BLES00246]
Started by Twiggles

5 posts in this topic
Twiggles

4 posts 2 threads Joined: Aug 2022
09-13-2022, 04:12 AM -
(09-12-2022, 04:02 PM)Miimé Wrote: Good for you if I could help you to launch the game Smile

For the audio stuttering I'm going to ask around, if I get any interesting info I'll come and tell you. Smile
I personally don't have this problem, but I just upgraded my Pc to a 12900k. From what I know RPCS3 is very demanding in Cpu due to the architecture of the Ps3, more MGS4 is one of those games that really require a lot of processor. (for this game I even have to activate the AVX-512 to have 60fps constant)
As I don't have the same cpu, it's difficult for me to test, even if your i5 seems to be in the standards required for Rpcs3, but from one game to another it can change from simple to double. The version of Windows can also change some things, I made the choice to stay on W10 despite my cpu is designed for W11, so I could not say how Rpcs3 behaves on this operating system.
In the meantime I can give you my Rpcs3 settings, but I'm not sure it will help you.

I almost forgot, have you tried to activate the "time streching" option in audio/buffering in Rpcs3?
I advise you to install all the game as if you were playing it on the Ps3.

I actually just upgraded my CPU to a i7-12700k! Currently compiling PPU modules so i'll report back once im actually ingame to see if that solved the sound issue.

Update: Game runs amazingly now! no sound issues either. Had one crash at the beginning but no problems to report otherwise.
This post was last modified: 09-13-2022, 08:56 PM by Twiggles. Edit Reason: Preformance followup

Messages In This Thread
RE: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [BLES00246] - by Twiggles - 09-13-2022, 04:12 AM