Super Robot Taisen OG Saga - Masou Kishin III - Pride of Justice [BLJS10223]
Started by onelight

14 posts in this topic
Starlight Knight

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2023
11-11-2023, 07:56 AM -
(スーパーロボット大戦OGサーガ 魔装機神Ⅲ PRIDE OF JUSTICE)
Game series also known as Masoukishin or Lord of the Elemental.

RPCS3 version is 0.0.29- 15723-8cdebfe Alpha|master.

Game is technically playable, but has a specific issue relating to how the game handles animations: without libvdec.sprx firmware library loaded, the game will crash when certain attacks are used, as the game uses FMVs that it then renders on top of for certain attacks. At the moment, even on a fairly grunty machine, those stutter madly, causing significant audio desync due to the audio being manually timed to match the FMV rather than procedurally-timed or part of the FMV (so that the FMV can be used with multiple kinds of dialogue). Other contemporary games made by this studio that presumably run on the same engine (e.g. OGs2, Z3.1 and Z3.2) have no problems running on RPCS3 at all, including FMVs, and do not require specific firmware libraries enabled to play.
Previously there was also an issue I reported that caused the game to infinitely hang when trying to load certain dialogue lines, but I've never been able to get it to happen consistently, and it seems like it no longer occurs on current versions of RPCS3 (I can't find the old thread though).

Screenshots attached are for a different issue: RPCS3 seems to refuse to want to render certain semi-transparent effects, even when they're called multiple times, and continues to use the async placeholders. For example, you can see between screenshots 2 and 3 that the async placeholder has been removed, but the placeholder block in screenshot 5 always occurs in conjunction with this animation. (Screenshot 4 demonstrates that transparency is generally functional.)

Since this is a pretty rare game I'm happy to do any testing on my end that needs doing, but I'd need instruction in doing so in a way that provides actually useful data.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   mskiiilog.7z (Size: 441.75 KB / Downloads: 0)

Messages In This Thread
Super Robot Wars OG Saga Masoukishin III PRIDE OF JUSTICE [BLJS10223] - by Starlight Knight - 11-11-2023, 07:56 AM