Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052]
Started by shoopdahoop22

67 posts in this topic
Nightowl

6 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2019
12-04-2019, 09:11 PM -
After installing new PC parts, I figured I'd try and tackle RPCS3 again. R&C was the obvious choice.

PC Components:
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

• GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

• MoBo: B450 Tomahawk Max

• RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Results:
  • Lots of crashes. It took me a solid two hours of playing and troubleshooting just to get the game functioning without crashing or having unplayable FPS.

• Decent frames-per-second. It would be nice for 60fps to be achievable in this game (at least on my build). Though from what I experienced, it hovered at just below 30fps continually, give or take depending on when.
Crash Reports:

These are not the only crashes I experienced, but they are the last four crashes that occurred to me that I also documented. The progressively longer lengths between crashes was mostly a coincidence until the last run-through.

Crash logs link
Quote:
Crash 1:
Intro cutscene to game results in a frozen screen/crash.
Lower SPU thread priority is enabled on a CPU with enough threads.
Multithreaded RSX is enabled.
--------
Crash 2:
Post-intro. Game worked for a few moments (though with the expected framerate issues). Upon pausing and going to one of the game settings, the game crashed.
--------
Crash 3:
Able to progress for about two minutes post-intro. Game crashed after waiting on the pause screen for several minutes.
--------
Crash 4:
BEST RESULTS
Able to progress A majority of the way through the first level. Max FPS could understandably never be reached. Game crashed after arriving at the final stretch to the first mission waypoint after making melee damage to an enemy. Prior melee attacks caused no problems.
Lower SPU thread priority is DISABLED.
Multithreaded RSX is DISABLED.
--------

Initial Conclusion:

Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction ran better for my build when Multithreaded RSX and Lower SPU thread priority were disabled.
I'm not sure as to what progress is being made to better integrate this game into RPCS3, but this is what I'm to help get it there a bit faster.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052] - by shoopdahoop22 - 02-03-2017, 01:07 AM
RE: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052] - by Nightowl - 12-04-2019, 09:11 PM
RE: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052] - by shoopdahoop22 - 03-17-2017, 11:18 PM
RE: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052] - by shoopdahoop22 - 03-30-2017, 11:24 PM
RE: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052] - by shoopdahoop22 - 06-07-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052] - by shoopdahoop22 - 08-11-2017, 02:09 AM