PS3 Issues, Emulation Wins
Started by Bighead

5 posts in this topic
Bighead
Unregistered

10-14-2016, 08:34 PM -
First off, I know this has nothing to do with rpcs3 other than I can't wait for the day that I can actually play my games on it instead of the junk hardware that Sony put together. So if this thread is not appropriate here, then please delete it. I am posting here because I've looked everywhere on the internet for people suffering the same issue with their PS3 but I can't find a single source with this issue.... And since you guys are working on a PS3 emulator, I'm assuming you have a better understanding of the system than most people out there.

First off my PS3 is an 80GB fat, and is the 3rd one I've owned. The other two are long gone, used for parts or got toasted in failed projects. Anyway this one works great, except it has a strange error where:
- blue light flashes
- disc pops out, kills the game I'm playing
- returns to XMB
- 3 beeps a few seconds later

Sometimes it goes nuts, and does 3 beeps over and over and over again. If I leave it in red light "standby" mode, sometimes it will turn itself on and do the process above. This makes me believe that its not overheating or the that the bluray is bad, because uh, its off. I pulled a bluray from an almost never used PS3 and tried two different drives. I tried multiple power supplies.

So am I SoL here? Maybe the motherboard is defective or the GPU and/or CPU is starting to separate from the board? I've tried refreshing the system and every other tactic that you can find online. Most searches for 3 beeps comes up with YLoD, but as far as I can tell this PS3 is okay so far and never had it.. yet.

The up side is sometimes it won't do it for hours and hours. I've been playing trails of cold steel, sometimes 5 hours at a time and it won't happen the entire session. Sometimes I won't see the issue for a week, others I can't even get past the intro without it happening 10 times.

Any insight into what this issue is and/or how I can fix it would be appreciated. And again, if this is not appropriate here then kindly remove this post since it's not really related to the emulator. With that said, I look forward to rpcs3 progress especially after dealing with this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PS3 Issues, Emulation Wins - by Bighead - 10-14-2016, 08:34 PM
RE: PS3 Issues, Emulation Wins - by ssshadow - 10-14-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: PS3 Issues, Emulation Wins - by Bighead - 10-18-2016, 08:59 PM
RE: PS3 Issues, Emulation Wins - by ssshadow - 10-18-2016, 11:40 PM
RE: PS3 Issues, Emulation Wins - by Bighead - 10-19-2016, 09:13 PM
RE: PS3 Issues, Emulation Wins - by ssshadow - 10-19-2016, 11:34 PM