RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: No TSX on i9-10980HK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, there is and issue with rpcs3. I have i9 with cpuid 906ED and rpcs3 cant detect tsx instructions. It is supported.
Please add this, i cant do it myself Smile
That CPU doesn't have TSX.
RPCS3 checks for the CPU feature, not for any specific CPU. If it doesn't show up, your CPU does not have working TSX.
How is that possible?) i7-6820hk yes, and i9-10980hk no?) Cmon, its called comet lake xD Can this be disabled in the BIOS or windows?
UPD: i checked it, 906ED is 9980hk. There are Intel® Transactional Synchronization Extensions: yes on ark.intel.com
TSX was removed on recent generations. Could be reintroduced on Alder Lake or later.
(09-20-2021, 07:23 PM)Panovich Wrote: [ -> ]How is that possible?) i7-6820hk yes, and i9-10980hk no?) Cmon, its called comet lake xD Can this be disabled in the BIOS or windows?

TSX was removed after 9th gen on Intel CPUs, on Intel Ark it says that TSX is not supported on this model
And on that note, Ark can be wrong. It states 6700HQ doesn't have TSX, but it does. I've also seen 7700HQ CPUs without TSX. You need to have the chip and test the CPU feature by yourself.
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/pu...idance.pdf
There is 906ED 9980hk. I was wrong about 10980. AIDA says its coffee lake
Soooo... Where is my instructions xD

I found that TSX can be disabled in new microcode. I will check it tomorrow
TSX on some older CPUs that had it was disabled through new BIOS/microcode. Obviously, we don't recommend rolling back security patches on microcode, and it might not even be possible depending on your vendor.
I replaced cpu microcode in bios to BE revision and now tsx is supported
I have 50 fps in tlou on notebook lol.
Thank you guys for your job. I hope you will create ps4 emulator too)
I just want to check something.. Are you saying you did NOT have a 10980HK but a 9980HK after all?

Cause the 10980Hk definitely doesn't have TSX, and I didn't know whether you were saying was a workaround to enable that.

I will say though, my older laptop which has an 8850H in it, 6 core, locked at 4.1 ghz currently, HAS TSX
and the two extra cores in the 10980HK I have now make such a difference it's crazy.

there are literally games I can't play at full speed at 1080P with the 8850H/GTX 1070 aorus laptop.
With the 10980Hk/2080S Alienware, I can even play games at 1440P or 4K with the cpu limited to just 3.5ghz to keep the laptop quiet!

So those two cores are making a massive difference, and no TSX at all!

TSX is definitely enabled on my 8850h in rpcs3 settings, so I wonder how much of a real world difference it makes these days.
Pages: 1 2