RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Final Fantasy XIII [BLUS30416]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Game loads past title screen, past first cutscene after title screen if you skip it, and then crashes with the following error message.

Code:
{MFC Thread} MEM: Access violation writing location 0x0

[My Crash/Bug Reporting]
Final Fantasy 13 (US/NTSC)(BLUS 30416)(v1.00)(serial = MRTC00003)
I got on release night years ago... lol..

and it is  NOT on the compatibility db...
because RPCS3 sent the SERIAL #: MRTC00003
instead of the BLUS30416 to the compatibility list for searching..

ooh while I'll be its no wonder I thought I couldn't find the ird file on the listed site...
I was searching for the BLUS tag and it was labeled under its serial ... lol ;Wink wow...

My BD Disc is imaged, decrypted, and extracted and is ready for testing..! Wink Big Grin

Initial logs attached..

Here are some quick error notes..

Code:
E PPU: LLVM: [0x00a0d964] Error: MTFSF
E PPU: LLVM: [0x00a0d978] Error: MFFS

U {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x013d6d8c]} HLE TODO: Unimplemented syscall sys_ss_access_control_engine -> CELL_OK
S {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x013d30c4]} sys_prx: Loaded module: /dev_flash/sys/external/libgcm_sys.sprx
S {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x013d30c4]} sys_prx: Loaded module: /dev_flash/sys/external/libsre.sprx
S {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x013d30c4]} sys_prx: Loaded module: /dev_flash/sys/external/libfs.sprx

crash at end of log
F {PPU[0x1000007] Thread (GameInitializer) [0x00b9595c]} MEM: Access violation reading location 0x0
currently running:
RPCS3 (v0.0.3.6383)(2017-10-08)(47b121a7)(Alpha)_Win64
with today's latest version.. I get to see the initial "Square Enix" logo in a dark screen/window....

ok tested latest build..
RPCS3 (v0.0.3.6385)(2017-10-09)(1242967e)(Alpha)_Win64

OpenGL render and XAudio2
switched the from the Recompiler on PPU/SPU to Interpreter (Fast) now the [Square Enix logo] fully displays then the [intro/demo]
locks up afterward with a displayed frame-rate of 3.8fps... O_o

BUT if I hit [enter] button on my [PS1 controller] via PSX to USB adapter (Radio Shack)(WinXP old but it works)
to skip the intro/demo it starts sound and starts to display the Final Fantasy 13 logo but locks up

new logs and screenshots attached in 7z archive

[Image: RPCS3_v0.0.3.6385_2017-10-09_1242967e_Al...13_loc.png]

using today's build: RPCS3 (v0.0.3.6388)(2017-10-09)(7570a1b1)(Alpha)_Win64
the intro/demo played smoothy like before.. skipped rest of it with the [Start] button..
this time the rest of the Final Fantasy XIII logo scrolled/displayed..  but locked up when I tried to skip w/ [Start] button...
to get the main menu to display...

Using like before OpenGL Render & Xaudio2..
Settings are provided by screenshot in the archive..

I did try out switching from
- Interpreter (Fast)   --> Intro/demo plays smoothly full? 30fps
to
- Interpreter (Precise) --> Intro/demo heavy stuttering less then 25fps
that is all.. lol Wink
testing today's build...
RPCS3 (v0.0.3.6417)(2017-10-11)(3c116753)(Alpha)_Win64

with PPU/SPU set to recompiler (LLVM / ASMJIT)
doesn't even fully display the Square Enix logo using recompiler...

BUT when I set the
PPU to Interpreter (Fast) BUT left the SPU on Recompiler (ASMJIT)
it booted the Square logo much faster and moved to the Intro/demo faster TOO nice!

but upon skipping the intro/demo to load the Title Screen /Main Menu this time..

F {SPU[0x2000001] Thread (UserSpursCellSpursKernel1)}       MEM: Access violation reading location 0x1000

F {SPU[0x2000004] Thread (UserSpursCellSpursKernel4)}       MEM: Access violation reading location 0x0
F {PPU[0x1000010] Thread (QixFiberWorker0) [0x006e4f10]} MEM: Access violation writing location 0x0

F {SPU[0x2000002] Thread (UserSpursCellSpursKernel2)}
class std::runtime_error thrown: Unimplemented instruction

(in file C:\rpcs3\rpcs3\Emu\Cell\SPUInterpreter.cpp:362)
Is it possible to rip this game legally/properly since there doesn't appear to be an IRD file for it?
(10-17-2017, 07:52 AM)enderandrew Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to rip this game legally/properly since there doesn't appear to be an IRD file for it?

Yes, you can rip any disc using a CFW PS3 regardless of there being an IRD for it or not. It's as simple as copy pasting disc contents as they're decrypted by the PS3 itself.
(10-17-2017, 07:52 AM)enderandrew Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to rip this game legally/properly since there doesn't appear to be an IRD file for it?

No the IRD is on that site...
its just not under the game library ID
its under some internal serial string..

here is the full info on my copy of FF13...
Final Fantasy 13 (v1.00)(BLUS30416)(SERIAL = MRTC00003)

Sony Library ID: BLUS30416  <-- this is what is on every single case of a Sony PlayStation game.. and most IRD are listed with this ..
BUT the IRD site has it listed under: MRTC00003 which some kind of serial.. not really sure

once I dumped the disc and discvored this string and re checked the IRD site I found the IRD file...
lol Wink so its possible...  you will need both tools listed on the RPCS3 tutorial page...
FOLLOW the steps.. backups

and defrag the large ISO before in between steps to max the performance...

and don't forget to DUMP FF13 and other PS2 games as an ISO or the tools won't work.. Wink

Original FILE name [ FFXIII_EN.iso ]
(10-17-2017, 10:18 PM)Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]

No the IRD is on that site...
its just not under the game library ID
its under some internal serial string..

here is the full info on my copy of FF13...
Final Fantasy 13 (v1.00)(BLUS30416)(SERIAL = MRTC00003)

Sony Library ID: BLUS30416  <-- this is what is on every single case of a Sony PlayStation game..  and most IRD are listed with this ..
BUT the IRD site has it listed under: MRTC00003 which some kind of serial.. not really sure

once I dumped the disc and discvored this string and re checked the IRD site I found the IRD file...
lol Wink so its possible...  you will need both tools listed on the RPCS3 tutorial page...
FOLLOW the steps.. backups

and defrag the large ISO before in between steps to max the performance...

and don't forget to DUMP FF13 and other PS2 games as an ISO or the tools won't work.. Wink

Original FILE name [ FFXIII_EN.iso ]

I used the MRTC00003 file, but then the next step to decrypt it failed and now I know why.

I'm an idiot and missed in the Quickstart instructions that the decrypt fails if the extension isn't in lowercase.

That makes no sense, but there we are.
(10-17-2017, 11:08 PM)enderandrew Wrote: [ -> ]I used the MRTC00003 file, but then the next step to decrypt it failed and now I know why.

I'm an idiot and missed in the Quickstart instructions that the decrypt fails if the extension isn't in lowercase.

First of all what did you use to DUMP/IMAGE the PS3 game disc with?
btw check that list of usable Blu-ray drives to see if yours is conpatible... lol Wink

I use Daemon TOOLS LITE...  FREE but i payed the like $7 for it anyway.. no it is $5.99 currently.. lol Wink
make sure its set to ISO output...
once its dumped defragging is a good idea..
It will take up to 30 minutes to do that DO to the enormous size of the Blu-ray image, but will speed up the decryption phase

for the Blu-ray drive I BOUGHT this: it is expensive BUT there is a $25 mail-in rebate... that is a PAIN in the A** do to having to
WAIT between 8-10 weeks after they process it they WANT to just sit on it before mailing it... so I filed a Complaint with the BBB...
lol Wink Tongue 
ASUS Blu-Ray Writer BW-16D1HT
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DWFPDJI/

works great... though it TOOK me over 2 hours to dump the 47GB ish...
20 to 30 in defrag..

get the correct IRD file from that site.. so you have a USA/NTSC copy of FF13 like me right??

Attach the IRD file to the ISO using the program...[b]  PS3 ISO Patcher - By BlackDaemon
[/b]then you have to use the other program to decrypt it 3k3y ISO Tools
last is to use the extraction function in that tool.. to make the folder  with decrypted contents of the ISO..
ONLY then can u play it in RPCS3... meh.. its al lot of work and if it fails you may HAVE TO RE-IMAGE the disc lol :Tongue

just follow the instructions to the letter SKIP NOTHING.. lol Wink
https://rpcs3.net/quickstart#dumping_games

that is ALL.. have a nice night. Wink
(10-17-2017, 11:37 PM)Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2017, 11:08 PM)enderandrew Wrote: [ -> ]I used the MRTC00003 file, but then the next step to decrypt it failed and now I know why.

First of all what did you use to DUMP/IMAGE the PS3 game disc with?
btw check that list of usable Blu-ray drives to see if yours is conpatible... lol Wink

I use Daemon TOOLS LITE...  FREE but i payed the like $7 for it anyway.. no it is $5.99 currently.. lol Wink
make sure its set to ISO output...
once its dumped defragging is a good idea..
It will take up to 30 minutes to do that DO to the enormous size of the Blu-ray image, but will speed up the decryption phase

for the Blu-ray drive I BOUGHT this: it is expensive BUT there is a $25 mail-in rebate... that is a PAIN in the A** do to having to
WAIT between 8-10 weeks after they process it they WANT to just sit on it before mailing it... so I filed a Complaint with the BBB...
lol Wink Tongue 
ASUS Blu-Ray Writer BW-16D1HT
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DWFPDJI/

works great... though it TOOK me over 2 hours to dump the 47GB ish...
20 to 30 in defrag..

get the correct IRD file from that site.. so you have a USA/NTSC copy of FF13 like me right??

Attach the IRD file to the ISO using the program...[b]  PS3 ISO Patcher - By BlackDaemon
[/b]then you have to use the other program to decrypt it 3k3y ISO Tools
last is to use the extraction function in that tool.. to make the folder  with decrypted contents of the ISO..
ONLY then can u play it in RPCS3... meh.. its al lot of work and if it fails you may HAVE TO RE-IMAGE the disc lol :Tongue

just follow the instructions to the letter SKIP NOTHING.. lol Wink
https://rpcs3.net/quickstart#dumping_games

that is ALL.. have a nice night. Wink

My BluRay drive works fine on my PC and my other game dumps were working fine. I've been using ImgBurn to rip the discs as per the Quickstart instructions. This was the first game that I couldn't decrypt and I assumed it was because I patched with the wrong IRD file, but it was just that the extension was in caps.

Sadly it looks like the game doesn't work in the emulator yet, but I'm sure it will eventually!
(10-17-2017, 11:48 PM)enderandrew Wrote: [ -> ]My BluRay drive works fine on my PC and my other game dumps were working fine. I've been using ImgBurn to rip the discs as per the Quickstart instructions. This was the first game that I couldn't decrypt and I assumed it was because I patched with the wrong IRD file, but it was just that the extension was in caps.

Sadly it looks like the game doesn't work in the emulator yet, but I'm sure it will eventually!

ooh lol the extension was in caps it really should not matter at all what the file name is or the extension...
That is must likely a BUG or DESIGN-FLAW in that program.. lol Wink 

oh if that is all and you don't have backups of the pre-decrypted file... you will have to redump...
maybe not.. you didn't say so idk.. lol Wink

anyway.. yeah this game crashes every time without fail when trying to load the FF13 MAIN-MENU
for me ONE time only it almost finished displaying the "Final Fantasy XIII" logo/name but crashed anyway..

currently to get it running from the
"Square Enix Logo" to the intro-movie

I set the following settings..
[attachment=1367]

and the rest of my settings via screenshots
[attachment=1367]

I FOUND if I set CPU settings tab:
[PPU = Interpreter (FAST)]
[SPU = Recompiler(ASMJIT)]
it worked a bit better for the Square Enix Logo and intro more or less..
BUT the intro has slight jitters/lag every so often. regardless of settings so far..
and as you can se in my system specs attached in my signature .. my system is no push over... i could use a GTX 1080 Ti 11GB but I'm not complaining... lol Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6