RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Trouble running Ni No Kuni (BLES-01555)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Aeternal600

Hm, I'm having some trouble with the renderdoc capture process. I believe I've set it up properly according to your instructions, and principally it appears to work. I can capture frames from RPCS3. However, as soon as the freeze occurs, it won't capture anything. Neither with PrntScr, nor via the "Trigger Capture" option from within renderdoc.

Helel

Update: tried activating libvdec too, but nothing changed.
No idea why it hangs for you Helel, there are no errors in the log. Same game version too... Maybe it's random? Try a few more times. Maybe also toggle different settings like OpenGL/Vulkan/DX12, SPU Interpreter and see if anything happens.

Aeternal600 no you can't capture when it has crashed, just capture a broken frame before it hangs. Like as soon as you go ingame and the ground starts flickering or whatever capture it.

Aeternal600

(02-20-2017, 09:19 PM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]You should make a thread for the game with all findings so it can be added to compat DB: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=196

Just did this: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=179175. Hope it contains all the relevant information.

(02-20-2017, 09:45 PM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Aeternal600 no you can't capture when it has crashed, just capture a broken frame before it hangs. Like as soon as you go ingame and the ground starts flickering or whatever capture it.

Ah, got you Smile I'll look into this tomorrow.

Aeternal600

For some reason, capturing a frame with RenderDoc makes that frame appear less glitchy o_O

I've captured over 20 different frames now and in RPCS3 they all appear much more garbled - there's polygons all over the place, the background shining through etc...

In RenderDoc, they look MUCH cleaner. Most objects are still missing and there are huge shadows drawn all over the image, but apart from that it looks pretty great. No random polygons, much less of the blue background visible...

Is this normal? Here's a particularly glitchy frame I've captured; the first is a screenshot, the second is the RenderDoc capture. Both images show the same frame, but RenderDoc shows it a lot cleaner.

Helel

Hey, ssshadow, thanks for being so considerate, but... no, still nothing. Let me go into more details of what I've tried and some minor differences I've got:

LLE related:

With libvdec: now the main menu doesn't load properly. The main animation starts for somethins like 0.1s and the visual and audio stops. Only "new game" and "Audio Language" appear, and they both work.

Render related:

D3D12: The best one by far, can get to 120fps inside the menu
OpenGL: Just ok. 40~60fps inside the menu
Vulkan: The worst one, and also produces some graphical glitches like the one I described when using libvdec.

SPU/PPU decoders related:

Almost no difference at all, except the most "precise" ones were slower (expected, no?).

Other info/tests:

> I tried toggling sound on and off, but no changes.

> I tried enabling vsync and putting "Frame Limit" to "auto", but no changes. (Did those two because it was like this in Aeternal600 log).

> Finally, in order to check for randomness, I tried booting for about ~20 consecutive times with my last sent configuration (OpenGL/ASMJIT/etc) and all them had the same problem.

P.S: Don't know if it's a helpful information, but it always freezes with a number between 15fps and 20fps.

Aeternal600

Helel, I've attached you my savegame. Maybe you're able to start from there? It's about 4 minutes into the game, so it skips all the cutscenes etc at the beginning. Just download both files (had to split it because maximum attachment size here is 2 MB) and extract the .rar to /your_rpcs3_folder/dev_hdd0/.
Yeah try the save game.

Also don't try to analyze what rendereoc captures, just save the file, it contains the complete information that was used to draw the scene. In the bug report you can also just link my video that clearly shows the glitches in action.

I don't know what you are looking at exactly but it could be something like an earlier stage of rendering before certain operations that cause the glitches are applied. Again a graphics developer will make sense of it, just provide the file.

Helel

Guys, thanks a lot again, but even with the save file it's not working. Same problem. Freezes on loading screen even if I choose "continue".

Also, I noticed that the last lines before the freeze are always the same. Look:

E {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x00c476f4]} 'sys_event_port_disconnect' failed with 0x80010016 : CELL_ENOTCONN
U {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x01787908]} cellNetCtl TODO: cellNetCtlAddHandler(handler=*0x1bbd3c8, arg=*0x20122af0, hid=*0x20122b88)
U {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x01787748]} sceNp TODO: sceNpManagerRegisterCallback
E {PPU[0x100004d] Thread (InG_LST) [0x01787b88]} sys_fs: sys_fs_opendir(“/dev_hdd0/game/BLES01555/USRDIR/cm/”): failed to open directory
E {PPU[0x100004d] Thread (InG_LST) [0x01787b88]} 'cellFsOpendir' failed with 0x80010006 : CELL_ENOENT
U {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x01787548]} sceNp TODO: sceNpManagerUnregisterCallback
U {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x017879e8]} cellNetCtl TODO: cellNetCtlDelHandler(hid=0x0)
E {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x0003554c]} 'sys_ppu_thread_join' failed with 0x80010005 : CELL_ESRCH

The most interesting to me is the one complaining about this “/dev_hdd0/game/BLES01555/USRDIR/cm/” directory, since I don't have one. Do you have one, Aeternal600?

EDIT: Actually, looking even further, it seems that somehow the game didn't install the whole "movie" folder with all the pams inside. Take a look at the image attached

Aeternal600

Sorry to hear that :/

No, I don't have that directory. RPCS3 gives me the exact same error message in the log, so it's probably not related to your problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4