RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: cellsync issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ekaseo

Quote:·E {PPU Thread[0x1] (main_thread)[0x003746b8]} cellSync: cellSyncMutexTryLock() -> CELL_SYNC_ERROR_BUSY (0x8041010a)

it shows this error while in dragon ball z and in afterburner climax... any idea why there is this error? or is it something not implemented yet :/

tambre

(01-20-2016, 02:16 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:·E {PPU Thread[0x1] (main_thread)[0x003746b8]} cellSync: cellSyncMutexTryLock() -> CELL_SYNC_ERROR_BUSY (0x8041010a)

it shows this error while in dragon ball z and in afterburner climax... any idea why there is this error? or is it something not implemented yet :/

Mostly for debugging purposes, it would seem. Mutex (Mutual Exclusion) is used for synchronization between threads, to ensure that no two processes are in their critical section at the same time.

I'm not very proficient, but a thread likely tries to lock the mutex, but CELL_SYNC_ERROR_BUSY is returned, because the mutex is locked already. Probably not really a bug or anything, rather just expected behaviour.

Ekaseo

ok, but does it have to spam it that much?

tambre

(01-20-2016, 04:42 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: [ -> ]ok, but does it have to spam it that much?

Probably not, but I don't know. Nekoteki seems to have implemented cellSync, so he can probably provide the right answer.
The answer: not an error. False alarm.

Kristiqn5

it spams it in Bayonetta also, and freezes the game at the "press start " screen and doesn't stop spamming the cellsync
You don't believe me?