JPCSP? He vanished there
Ekaseo
Unregistered

10-04-2012, 05:36 PM -
:/ if only they got more ppl on this project, rpcs3 would develop much faster
Runo
Unregistered

10-07-2012, 02:28 AM -
Most emu devs aren't really interested in PS3 emulation. Something happened to the emulation scene in the past ten years, it's a bit too soon to tell what yet, but its a very different situation from what we had, for example, in the N64 era.
Vegerunks
Unregistered

10-07-2012, 06:00 AM -
(10-07-2012, 02:28 AM)Runo Wrote: Most emu devs aren't really interested in PS3 emulation. Something happened to the emulation scene in the past ten years, it's a bit too soon to tell what yet, but its a very different situation from what we had, for example, in the N64 era.

Probably the fact that back then it was worth it for the pretty decent graphics buffs but now it is becoming such a small boost in graphics. I mean isn't that originally what emulation was designed for? Or was it designed to illegally play the games? lmao.
icecoffemix
Unregistered

10-07-2012, 06:49 AM -
(10-07-2012, 06:00 AM)Vegerunks Wrote:
(10-07-2012, 02:28 AM)Runo Wrote: Most emu devs aren't really interested in PS3 emulation. Something happened to the emulation scene in the past ten years, it's a bit too soon to tell what yet, but its a very different situation from what we had, for example, in the N64 era.

Probably the fact that back then it was worth it for the pretty decent graphics buffs but now it is becoming such a small boost in graphics. I mean isn't that originally what emulation was designed for? Or was it designed to illegally play the games? lmao.

People who code an emulator did it just because. If they're smart enough to reverse engineering a modern console, they're rich enough not to worry about small things like games' price.
Vegerunks
Unregistered

10-07-2012, 10:00 AM -
(10-07-2012, 06:49 AM)icecoffemix Wrote:

People who code an emulator did it just because. If they're smart enough to reverse engineering a modern console, they're rich enough not to worry about small things like games' price.

Well then my only other guess would be, that people are bored with it now that it has been proven that it is possible to make emulators for just about every console in existance. They started it because it was the idea of doing something challenging that hadn't been done yet. That's my guess at least.
Runo
Unregistered

10-07-2012, 08:07 PM -

Afaik, most devs code emulators just because they can, it is an awesome experience.
Making and debugging an emulator teaches a lot about how hardware works. It's great for programmers in their early career steps. Nowadays small/medium time devs are making mobile apps, which is something they can do alone and that eventually earns them money, they have not so much reason to contribute on a free project like they had years ago. All depends on the market I guess.
interdpth
Unregistered

11-08-2012, 07:13 PM -
Any chance you guys could use some help? I'd love to help. Also hoping you guys have an IRC chan
Zekro
Unregistered

11-08-2012, 07:33 PM -
Well anybody that could help is welcome,but you need to talk with the rpcs3 author first
interdpth
Unregistered

11-09-2012, 12:38 AM -
Ah, well submitted a bug report already.