RPCS3 FAQ
Started by shadow

235 posts in this topic
Nekotekina
RPCS3 Developer

137 posts 5 threads Joined: Aug 2017
11-24-2013, 01:58 PM -
Hello... I'm interested in RPCS3 for a bit, it's not exactly about games, but the emulation itself.

I feel myself like an idiot asking it, but does all the developers have the original PS3 device or its SDK? Is it possible to contribute some help without having these ones?
Ekaseo
Unregistered

11-24-2013, 02:23 PM -
(11-24-2013, 01:58 PM)NekotekinaHito Wrote: Hello... I'm interested in RPCS3 for a bit, it's not exactly about games, but the emulation itself.

I feel myself like an idiot asking it, but does all the developers have the original PS3 device or its SDK? Is it possible to contribute some help without having these ones?

if you dont have coding skill, then the best help would be testing games and sending dump files
elisha464
Unregistered

11-24-2013, 07:19 PM -
(11-24-2013, 01:58 PM)NekotekinaHito Wrote: Hello... I'm interested in RPCS3 for a bit, it's not exactly about games, but the emulation itself.

I don't own a ps3 and I still contribute a little bit, so its possible, but you have to know coding and ppc asm(or assembly in general, you can always search things on the internet)
having the sdk might help, not sure
Nekotekina
RPCS3 Developer

137 posts 5 threads Joined: Aug 2017
11-24-2013, 08:46 PM -
Thank you. I have some experience in x86 asm including SSE, also in OpenGL, but all my coding experience was almost Delphi. Anyway I'm planning on learning C++ someday. When I was reading Intel Instruction Manual or Optimization Reference, I thought that it's not very hard for me. Is there some routine work that does not require very high coding skill but needed?
mathmaticnacho
Unregistered

02-13-2014, 10:58 PM -
Hello. I am incredibly interested in a PS3 emulator and would like to help out in any way that I can. I have experience in C, Embedded C, C++, Assembly, Fortran, Java, XML, and Lua. As far as my experience with C++ goes, I have taken C++ based classes on the basics, Data Structures, Operating Systems, and am currently in an algorithms class.

I have never worked on a project this big. I have taken several project based classes in college, but none of the projects were anywhere close to this size.

I would like to help out, but I would also need any data sheets or any other material associated with this project. Let me know if you are interested in having another developer, and what part you would like me to start on if you do want me to help.
DragonNeos
Unregistered

02-14-2014, 08:30 PM -
(02-13-2014, 10:58 PM)mathmaticnacho Wrote: Hello. I am incredibly interested in a PS3 emulator and would like to help out in any way that I can. I have experience in C, Embedded C, C++, Assembly, Fortran, Java, XML, and Lua. As far as my experience with C++ goes, I have taken C++ based classes on the basics, Data Structures, Operating Systems, and am currently in an algorithms class.

I have never worked on a project this big. I have taken several project based classes in college, but none of the projects were anywhere close to this size.

I would like to help out, but I would also need any data sheets or any other material associated with this project. Let me know if you are interested in having another developer, and what part you would like me to start on if you do want me to help.
You can send a message to either [DH] or AlexAltea to ask if you can contribute to the project. The repository is located here.
Bigpet
Unregistered

02-14-2014, 09:01 PM -
You don't even need to ask anyone, just drop by the irc channel #rpcs3 in EFNET if you want to know what other people are currently working on or if you have some questions.

Otherwise you can just start implementing features as you wish and send pull-requests on Github. That's what's so great about github you don't need permission to publish your code.
DragonNeos
Unregistered

04-04-2014, 09:11 PM -
Does anyone get this error when they run RPCS3 (64-bit)? I have no problems running other 64-bit programs built with Visual Studio 2010, 2012, or 2013 such as DeSmuME. I have installed and reinstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ (2010, 2012, and 2013) Redistributable, but RPCS3 (64-bit) still refuses to run on my computer. RPCS3 (64-bit) builds created by either EmuNewz or EmuCR doesn't run on my computer as well.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
04-04-2014, 09:43 PM -
Maybe you could try uninstalling the visual c++ 2013 redist completely and then install it again from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784

You could possibly download Visual Studio 2013 Express for free and compile it yourself. That should work. You might not even need to compile yourself actually, Visual Studio should reasonably come with everything needed to run programs compiled by itself...
Ekaseo
Unregistered

04-29-2014, 08:01 AM -
why doesnt ctrl+e and ctrl+s work anymore? and the window position an resolution does not save when you exit and then run the emu