RPCS3 FAQ
Started by shadow

235 posts in this topic
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
11-20-2014, 12:43 AM -
If you want to preserve your sanity someone, maybe a dev for the sake of credibility, should once and for all explain the difference between HLE and LLE, and how rpcs3 (and probably all modern emulators) works in general. Comments on threads like this on Reddit are just spreading misinformation at this point.

I will quote Wikipedia for the time being:

Quote:High-level emulation (HLE) is an approach for construction of emulators, especially for video game consoles, which attempts to simulate the response of the system rather than accurately recreating its internal design.

Instead of trying to accurately create or recreate the hardware gate by gate, in HLE a software platform is created on which the emulated code can be run in a host computer having different hardware and a different instruction set. The effort focuses on recreating the appropriate functionality provided by the system emulated. Thus, the emphasis is shifted from the most efficient method of processing data to getting the same (or comparable) results as if the native platform was used. By contrast, the traditional way of emulating is termed Low-level emulation, or LLE which is used to develop new computer hardware and execute legacy binary code.
Haxx3R
Unregistered

12-03-2015, 02:48 PM -
Hello community,

i hope someone can help me by following problem. When i was downloaded the newest Version of PS3 Emulator and want start it, i became the message that the application cant start. C++ Runtime is installed. About help i would be very happy.

Thanks in advance
Staanis
Unregistered

01-13-2016, 11:34 AM -
hi friends, can anyone tell me what the problem ?

E {PPU[0x1] Thread (main_thread)[0x003af8b8]} cellKey2char: cellKey2CharOpen
E {PPU[0x1] Thread (main_thread)[0x003aef18]} cellGcmSys: cellGcmSetTile: bad compression mode! (8)

i want play super puzzle fighter 2 turbo hd remix

thx for help
tambre
Unregistered

01-13-2016, 12:54 PM -
(01-13-2016, 11:34 AM)Staanis Wrote: hi friends, can anyone tell me what the problem ?

E {PPU[0x1] Thread (main_thread)[0x003af8b8]} cellKey2char: cellKey2CharOpen
E {PPU[0x1] Thread (main_thread)[0x003aef18]} cellGcmSys: cellGcmSetTile: bad compression mode! (8)

i want play super puzzle fighter 2 turbo hd remix

thx for help

Not the right place to post about game-related issue. Please post in the game's thread.
I have issued a warning.
nitnit10
Unregistered

01-20-2016, 05:00 AM -
(06-17-2012, 05:58 AM)shadow Wrote: Updated FAQ

HELP PLEASE !!!

i downloaded a gmaes pkg file from [REDACTED]
ive putten the rap file i his place and when i press install pkg on the downloaded pkg game file nothing happens...

help please.

i donnow what to do?
tambre
Unregistered

01-20-2016, 05:44 AM -
(01-20-2016, 05:00 AM)nitnit10 Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 05:58 AM)shadow Wrote: Updated FAQ

HELP PLEASE !!!

i downloaded a gmaes pkg file from **redacted**.

ive putten the rap file i his place and when i press install pkg on the downloaded pkg game file nothing happens...

help please.

i donnow what to do?

Oh wow. Did you even bother to read the damn FAQ? Anyways, piracy as always everywhere on the forum is not allowed. If you want things to work, you'll need to grab some files and the games from your CFW PS3.
I have issued a short ban for now.
This post was last modified: 09-22-2017, 05:22 PM by Ani.