dualshock controller will not connect - m1 mac
Started by melonyt10

3 posts in this topic
melonyt10

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2022
06-18-2022, 04:52 PM -
Device: M1 MacBook air running macOS Monterey
Dualshock 4 will not connect no matter how i try to get it to connect on m1 rpcs3.
I've used 2 different controllers, 3 different cables, i've tried to use both controllers wirelessly. They will connect perfectly wirelessly but when I click refresh on rpcs3 they are not recognized in the emulator.
When I connect via USB the device is recognized as Wireless Controller by Sony Corporation.
Still will not be recognized in emulator as dualshock 4.
I've looked for drivers but it should just be natively supported but rpcs3 won't recognize it still even when the OS does recognize it.
dildo_swaggins

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2022
06-25-2022, 04:08 AM -
(06-18-2022, 04:52 PM)melonyt10 Wrote: Device: M1 MacBook air running macOS Monterey
Dualshock 4 will not connect no matter how i try to get it to connect on m1 rpcs3.
I've used 2 different controllers, 3 different cables, i've tried to use both controllers wirelessly. They will connect perfectly wirelessly but when I click refresh on rpcs3 they are not recognized in the emulator.
When I connect via USB the device is recognized as Wireless Controller by Sony Corporation.
Still will not be recognized in emulator as dualshock 4.
I've looked for drivers but it should just be natively supported but rpcs3 won't recognize it still even when the OS does recognize it.

I'm having the same issue and cannot find any answers online. Used to work just fine, not sure what changed

When I open the emulator, the controller is recognized, no issues.

As soon as I boot a game, the controller disconnects/the LED starts flashing instead of staying solid. If I go into pad configuration, it says "controller disconnected" and all the settings are greyed out.

Interestingly enough, input from the controller IS still recognized by the game for a brief while. I can still play for about a minute but eventually the game will say "please reconnect the disconnected controller for player 1",crash the emulator, or my entire mac will black screen and reboot itself.

I tried using Enjoyable to map the ps4 buttons to keyboard inputs and run it that way, but it's even buggier and some buttons don't work entirely.

Crazy frustrating when previously there were no issues.
dildo_swaggins

06-27-2022, 01:02 AM -
Here is a log file if it helps

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vtravbe6r...g.rtf/file
dildo_swaggins

06-28-2022, 08:50 PM -
MY mistake, here is a proper log file

mac m1 max 64gb osx 12.4

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7egc1lmp2...e.zip/file
This post was last modified: 06-28-2022, 08:50 PM by dildo_swaggins.