Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052] Unable to use decryptor
Started by TheNeonRaider

4 posts in this topic
TheNeonRaider

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2019
05-19-2022, 06:02 PM -
Currently playing through the game with 0 issues until I got to Planet Sargasso and first got the decryptor, I use the decryptor and am unable to do anything other than press X to activate the ball the controls that popped up said I should be able to use the left stick to move the ball around but nothing happens. I have also tried turning the motion controls back on in the setting and still nothing.

I'm using the most up to date version of RPCS3 and using a ps4 controller to control the game. I have tried using an Xbox controller to see if it's my PlayStation one that's the problem but still no difference. this is my first time making a support post so if there is any extra information that is needed I'll happily provide it since at this state I am currently soft locked and can't progress

Attached Files
.rar   logs.rar (Size: 864.61 KB / Downloads: 2)
ScrumBigley

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2022
06-03-2022, 09:47 PM -
(05-19-2022, 06:02 PM)TheNeonRaider Wrote: Currently playing through the game with 0 issues until I got to Planet Sargasso and first got the decryptor, I use the decryptor and am unable to do anything other than press X to activate the ball the controls that popped up said I should be able to use the left stick to move the ball around but nothing happens. I have also tried turning the motion controls back on in the setting and still nothing.

I'm using the most up to date version of RPCS3 and using a ps4 controller to control the game. I have tried using an Xbox controller to see if it's my PlayStation one that's the problem but still no difference. this is my first time making a support post so if there is any extra information that is needed I'll happily provide it since at this state I am currently soft locked and can't progress

I was able to get it working by using OpenGL instead of Vulkan. Try it out, see if that works for you too.
TheNachoman180

1 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2022
06-23-2022, 01:58 PM -
(06-03-2022, 09:47 PM)ScrumBigley Wrote:
(05-19-2022, 06:02 PM)TheNeonRaider Wrote: Currently playing through the game with 0 issues until I got to Planet Sargasso and first got the decryptor, I use the decryptor and am unable to do anything other than press X to activate the ball the controls that popped up said I should be able to use the left stick to move the ball around but nothing happens. I have also tried turning the motion controls back on in the setting and still nothing.

I was able to get it working by using OpenGL instead of Vulkan. Try it out, see if that works for you too.

This works but its incredibly slower than Vulkan. Switching between them all the time sucks Sad
Ali-dalloul

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2022
11-08-2022, 12:32 AM -
(06-23-2022, 01:58 PM)TheNachoman180 Wrote:

This works but its incredibly slower than Vulkan. Switching between them all the time sucks Sad
Alright, so after messing with all my settings I found the problem. It doesn't really make sense, but turns out setting the FPS limiter to Off is causing the problem. I set it to 60fps, and now I can use the decryptor just fine with Vulcan and all the other settings that I want. Hope this helps!
dabe

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jul 2023
07-03-2023, 08:51 PM -
(11-08-2022, 12:32 AM)Ali-dalloul Wrote:
(06-23-2022, 01:58 PM)TheNachoman180 Wrote:

Alright, so after messing with all my settings I found the problem. It doesn't really make sense, but turns out setting the FPS limiter to Off is causing the problem. I set it to 60fps, and now I can use the decryptor just fine with Vulcan and all the other settings that I want. Hope this helps!

THANK YOU. Saved me who knows how many hours of troubleshooting.