Game specific settings, libraries/modules in RPCS3
Started by GRKN

1 posts in this topic
GRKN

20 posts 8 threads Joined: Feb 2022
Question  03-01-2022, 05:00 PM -
I have seen in several posts that special modules and libraries have to be activated for some games (in "Advanced" tab of custom game settings) ...
So How do you know which module or library is needed for which game?

At home I own a decent disc based PS3 game collection - which I dumped via compatible Blu-Ray drive (via "PS3 Disc Dumper")
I have also a backup dump of my own PlayStation Network purchased games - out of my own PlayStation 3 console.
But unfortunately I can't play most of them in RPCS3.

Maybe do I need to enable specific modules or libraries?

I'm really interested in reporting about PS3 games here - if playable or not. But mostly I don't know how to get the best settings to make them work.

Do you have any advises or best practice to go?
This post was last modified: 03-01-2022, 05:03 PM by GRKN. Edit Reason: Spelling mistakes corrected ... :-)
Ani
Administrator

4,276 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
03-06-2022, 05:03 PM -
> So how do you know which module or library is needed for which game?
If it's not written on the thread on the wiki, you don't, only through debugging can you see if there's a problem with HLE/LLE and whether the other path is needed

Nevertheless, the amount of games that need manual library overrides nowadays is really small, that was mostly a thing before we had liblv2.sprx working for automatic detection

> Maybe do I need to enable specific modules or libraries?
If a game doesn't work, that's almost never the case, you should be looking elsewhere first

Upload the log file for one of these games that don't work to get started, and make sure the game is Playable on the compatibility list
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux