Crash with X input controller physically connected to laptop
Started by Bavanity

1 posts in this topic
Bavanity

30 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2021
02-14-2022, 08:20 AM -
Hi.. my RPCS3 suddenly stopped launching any game, it would just hang indefinitely when I tried.

I was going nuts.. I even deleted my entire install and all files, reinstalled fresh with latest version, and same thing.

RPCS3 has never given me major trouble before, so I couldn't understand it. Was it Windows defender suddenly causing problems? I didn't know.

Instead of X input controller I thought I would try my DS4, so I connected it via BT to windows, RPCS3 detected it perfectly, I changed the LED colour, all was well. Sticks and triggers showed perfect response in the gamepad config tool in the emulator.

Again, as soon as I tried to launch a game, crash.

I was pulling my hair out. It turns out I deleted my installs and saved games and installed updates/HDD games (cause they install in the main rpcs3 folder) for nothing.

It was because my brand new 8bitdo SN30 Pro 2 controller was plugged into the laptop, charging. It worked fine with retroarch and bizhawk which i tried after I discovered this issue with RPCS3...

All I had to do was unplug that controller, and RPCS3 went back to normal. Not only that, I am now using that very same controller wirelessly with RPCS3 and it is flawless! The problem happens only when it is plugged in, and its mere existence, even if it is not being used in RPCS3, stops the program from launching any game with any controller!

I thought this might be of interest to developers in case there is some x input bug happening here...

The controller is already on the latest firmware out of the box and I really don't know what to do other than not ever plug it in when I use RPCS3. So that's my workaround for now!

Cheers
MSI GT77, 4K mini led 144hz, Intel 13980HX, 64GB DDR5 ram, RTX 4090m 16GB, Win 11 Pro 22H2 all up to date, Nvidia driver updated monthly.

Bavanity

30 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2021
02-17-2022, 10:18 AM -
Some updates
This is an 8bitDO problem
cause I played RPCS3 just today with my XBOX One controller connected via USB
I'd be curious if anyone else with one of 8bitDO's newer controllers is experiencing similar issues
MSI GT77, 4K mini led 144hz, Intel 13980HX, 64GB DDR5 ram, RTX 4090m 16GB, Win 11 Pro 22H2 all up to date, Nvidia driver updated monthly.