Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 The Masters Historic Edition [BLUS31075]
Started by onkeh

8 posts in this topic
onkeh

50 posts 10 threads Joined: May 2020
01-31-2022, 01:10 AM -
RPCS3 v0.0.20-13243-86919ec0 Alpha | HEAD

Game version 1.0. Same as BLUS31063 - cannot progress passed initial loading screen (where it supposed to "install" trophies). Tried copying trophies/save data from a real PS3 but no differnece.

Log is spammed with the following over and over:

·W 0:00:11.916171 {PPU[0x1000013] Thread (DLC) [0x01e9133c]} sys_fs: sys_fs_readdir(fd=3, dir=*0xd011cc80, nread=*0xd011cb78)

Log also has this - not sure if important. Did confirm these files do not exist on the BD disk

·E 0:00:08.393448 {PPU[0x1000003] Thread (/app_home) [0x01e92090]} SYS: 'sys_fs_open' failed with 0x80010006 : CELL_ENOENT, “/dev_bdvd/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/data/dynamic/indexedassets.txt” [1]
·E 0:00:08.388047 {PPU[0x1000003] Thread (/app_home) [0x01e92090]} SYS: 'sys_fs_open' failed with 0x80010006 : CELL_ENOENT, “/dev_bdvd/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/data/indexedassets.txt” [1]
This post was last modified: 07-31-2022, 10:22 PM by Ani.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 2.87 MB / Downloads: 4)
onkeh

07-26-2022, 05:28 AM -
Cross posting from https://forums.rpcs3.net/thread-178138-p...#pid320312

The game can be run by following the below steps:

1. Install the game & 1.01 update - you will get the freeze intro
2. Move the PARAM.SFO from disc\PS3_GAME one directory up
3. Move these 3 files to recycle bin:

dev_hdd0\home\00000001\savedata\BLUS31063-USER0\PARAM.SFO
dev_hdd0\game\BLUS31063\PARAM.SFO
dev_hdd0\game\BLUS31075\PARAM.SFO

4. Boot the game via Boot SELF/ELF -> disc\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN
5. Confirm works as expected and you get to main menu
6. Restore the PARAM.SFO from step 2. back into the disc\PS3_GAME directory
7. Relaunch rpcs3 and try to launch from the UI. It will say version 1.00 and is corrupted and can't be launched
8. Reinstall 1.01 patch
9. Launch the game as normal, it should now work and you can now set custom configs/increase resolution etc.

I did get a crash and some textures are messed up so not playable but Ingame for sure.

Changing vblank to 120 does make in-game go to 60fps but with animation speeds doubled.
This post was last modified: 07-26-2022, 05:30 AM by onkeh.
onkeh

07-28-2022, 02:38 AM -
RPCS3 v0.0.23-13974-8f7209f8

PPU Decoder must be set to static to avoid crashing in between holes. Setup is kind of pain but approaching Playable, will test some more.
This post was last modified: 07-30-2022, 11:30 AM by digitaldude.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 2.1 MB / Downloads: 2)
onkeh

07-29-2022, 09:03 AM -
8f7209f8 - please move to Ingame
dls-saa-dd

8 posts 0 threads Joined: Oct 2020
10-20-2022, 03:07 PM -
(07-26-2022, 05:28 AM)onkeh Wrote: Cross posting from https://forums.rpcs3.net/thread-178138-p...#pid320312

The game can be run by following the below steps:

1. Install the game & 1.01 update - you will get the freeze intro
2. Move the PARAM.SFO from disc\PS3_GAME one directory up
3. Move these 3 files to recycle bin:

dev_hdd0\home\00000001\savedata\BLUS31063-USER0\PARAM.SFO
dev_hdd0\game\BLUS31063\PARAM.SFO
dev_hdd0\game\BLUS31075\PARAM.SFO

4. Boot the game via Boot SELF/ELF -> disc\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN
5. Confirm works as expected and you get to main menu
6. Restore the PARAM.SFO from step 2. back into the disc\PS3_GAME directory
7. Relaunch rpcs3 and try to launch from the UI. It will say version 1.00 and is corrupted and can't be launched
8. Reinstall 1.01 patch
9. Launch the game as normal, it should now work and you can now set custom configs/increase resolution etc.

I did get a crash and some textures are messed up so not playable but Ingame for sure.

Changing vblank to 120 does make in-game go to 60fps but with animation speeds doubled.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong -- I've done all your steps a few times now, from scratch on new installs, and #9 just doesn't happen.  It goes back to spinning forever on that loading screen.

Am I missing something possibly?
MilitantPoet

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2022
11-07-2022, 09:22 PM -
It had taken quite some time for it to load for me. I was watching the dick activity light on my computer because I was getting worried that it fouled up as well. But after quite some time. It did eventually load and I am playing without any issues as of yet.
Royameadow

19 posts 6 threads Joined: Jun 2022
06-16-2023, 11:51 PM -
Follow~up: All DLC Courses are now fully playable on every build of PGA Tour '14, PARAM.SFO no longer needs to be moved out of the Standard Edition's Root Folder to get past the Trophy Loader screen and thus this now means that all 045 courses can be run without needing to insert nor reengineer the DLC files in any capacity.
This was first discovered by me when I finally returned to the emulator after roughly a month and change, following a recent move; Build 15080 is the first time that I had witnessed this uplift back on May 027, but I am certain that it can be trailed back further (potentially around the time that major updates involving Vulkan were done), this now leaves PGA Tour '13 as the only entry in the series to still suffer from issues with PARAM.SFO when loading the DLC courses is concerned and it's only a matter of time before that can be followed up on.

At present, I do not have the time to film more than a brief sampler of the Fantasy Courses (Greek Isles, The Highlands, Emerald Dragon, and The Predator; all on Hole 01), but wishfully this will suffice for the time being until a proper session can be recorded; the footage was done on Build 15211, still on the same Ryzen 5950X/Radeon VII/064 GB of DDR IV at 3200 (CL 016) combo that I have been using for every test up to now, the EA Audio DAC issue that leads to an Unmapped Memory error when getting to the Scorecard Loading Screen if running the PPU Decoder on LLVM still persists and thus it is obviously still recommended to always run PPU on Interpreter (Static) when playing on at least any Zen III (Ryzen 5000) CPU (though according to current Intel testers using Alder Lake and onward, this particular issue with LLVM doesn't seem to be as prominent, though users' mileage may vary).

~ Tiger Woods PGA Tour '14: RPCS3 Data Logues for Build 15211 (Mediafire)
~ Tiger Woods PGA Tour '14: Fantasy Course Sampler on LLVM

Further local analysis has also presented to me the discovery of other major crashes that will be experienced on a Zen III/Vega 020 setup: Akin to what happens on occasion with PGA Tour '14 via Xenia: Canary, there will be instances where a crash of the game (and, occasionally, the whole emulator) will happen virtually at random when a Commentary Audio clip is played and also when incredibly specific forms of Texture Corruption happen while running in Vulkan (the latter will usually happen within a second after the game transitions to the next Human Player in a Local Multiplayer round, almost always with scattered textures dancing around onscreen; this is most likely to happen when a player is stuck deep between the Vegetation), these crashes are incredibly rare to replicate and will never consistently occur every time that the game is loaded even on the same build of RPCS3 across multiple test runs; this truly can be a pain for some players, especially when they are on a lengthy session with Four Players and witness this happen on Hole 017 or 018, this is why I usually play games of Stableford to speed up the session and thus it is less likely to witness when handled this way.

Considering how much has improved with this title on the emulator over the past (almost) Eleven Months, it truly is comforting to witness how much its compatibility has evolved as quickly as it has, being able to go through all of the game's offerings (barring Online Mode for now, obviously) will introduce it to a new era of players and the mixed reception of '24 (EA Sports PGA Tour) makes it all the more certain that '14 will easily coexist with its successor for newcomers that want an effective alternative in the meanwhile.
Barring the follow~up episode for Offline Sessions that will cover the Fantasy Courses, this will probably be my final major update on '14 until the subject of Online Mode Restoration enters the realm of experimentation; I'm really happy to see how far things have come with this entry in nearly a year, the later EA Sports titles on the console have always been tricky to get working but the team here has truly delivered genuine hope to keep them alive well past their original support phase that there's only gratitude coming from here. (:
onkeh

06-28-2023, 08:00 AM -
Can confirm the above, still getting the crashes on hole change unless I change to PPU static which results in a fairly heavy hit to performance (CPU is i7-9700k)
Royameadow

19 posts 6 threads Joined: Jun 2022
08-21-2023, 05:13 AM -
Stability Regression: Sometime beginning on August 04 or 05, RPCS3 started to get a noticeable amount of updates to its PPU Decoder, ultimately leading to something breaking in PGA Tour '14 across all builds, regions, and editions: Right now, many (if not all main Eighteen) of the DLC Courses will crash the game due to a PPU~based Unmapped Memory error, it is able to be replicated on plentiful courses in Single Player and Multiplayer alike and it doesn't matter if one is on Interpreter (Static) or LLVM; interestingly, the Disc Courses are seemingly not affected (at least nothing I was able to find; this includes material exclusive to MHE), this leads me to believe that something may have very well gotten broken in how the DLC Courses are read and thus it is presently recommended for players to stick on builds prior to August 03 until this gets remedied.
Below's test logue and Unmapped Memory Supercut make use of Build 15499 of the Master Build, same config as usual; I reported this happening as early as Build 15443 but it may date back to any build between 15427 and 15442, wishfully this'll help better determine what got broken and stayed the such since.

~ Tiger Woods PGA Tour '14 (MHE): RPCS3 Data Logues for Build 15499 (Mediafire)
~ Tiger Woods PGA Tour '14 (MHE): Unmapped Memory Supercut

To replicate this error, all you have to do is get every player in your party make it to the Green on any hole of the DLC Courses, it is completely able to execute regardless of if it is a Fourteen Courses or TPC Four Pack venue but the latter pack is more likely to trigger it; if you are in a Twosome to Foursome (any game type) and any player is to go Out of Bounds or Scratch before everybody makes it to the green, there is a slim chance that you will be able to avert the crash for that hole only, the registers reset on every hole and the risk of crashing will persist for the duration of your session until it inevitably happens somehow (this is noticed on Hole 01 of the TPC San Antonio portion of the sampler, where the only EA Audio DAC error of the test will show; I had myself intentionally Scratch while letting the other three get to the green, the hole didn't crash until I made it to the Results Screen due to running the PPU on LLVM to speed up the test).