RPCS3 Games are stuttering when LaunchBox and BigBox.
Started by RetroStan

2 posts in this topic
RetroStan

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2022
01-27-2022, 05:52 PM -
I new to RPCS3. The games plays just fine when launched from RPCS3, but when I launch them from LaunchBox or BigBox they stutter and skip frims and all that.  Not sure what to take a screenshot of to show you whats going on to help me find the fix. Not sure if it not LaunchBox causing the problem or if its RPCS3. Hope you can Help me fix this. Thanks.
pidgey

39 posts 2 threads Joined: Aug 2019
02-01-2022, 01:40 PM -
Hello, i have been using for a lot of time launchbox with rpcs3 and no get that kind of problem, can you tell me whats configuration you have in case so i can help you?, i normally just put default config for rpcs3 games, also whats games are you testing? maybe these games can have some slutter on recent builds. i notice for example that koihime enbu do a load every punch or klick you use, i think is a sound issue since is only happen when a sound is played.(walk and stand dont do this for example). Oh and yes launchbox get a lot of ram ,around 1 gb or some more so you would need to have 8gb or so in case.
GRKN

20 posts 8 threads Joined: Feb 2022
02-10-2022, 08:55 PM -
Hi! I'm also using LaunchBox for long time, with lots of different emulators. RPCS3 will "stutter" only then, when your hardware does not fit the recommended requirements. With 16 GB RAM and a 4 core + 8 threads CPU over 3,9 GHz you can use RPCS3 with many other applications at same time (i.e. LaunchBox - which is launching RPCS3 for your PS3 games ...).

But it also depends on the game itself. If a game is not (yet) working well with RPCS3, then of course you will have something more than "stuttering" (lags, crashes, frame drops, and so on) ... :-)

I advise you to check in the RPCS3 Compatibilty for your game:
https://rpcs3.net/compatibility