3D support
Started by Grant S

0 posts in this topic
Grant S

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2022
01-23-2022, 08:11 PM -
A big thank you for adding stereoscopic 3D support for the games PS3 supported in 3D. 

I'm a 3D/VR addict that's been playing 3D/VR games exclusively since the win 98 days on PC. I had the original PS1 because of what I was reading then when early plans of PS 3D was being developed. I got my first PS3 and several 3D games only to find the 3D was proprietary locked to their tiny TV/monitor and only anaglyph (red-blue) format was available to other 3D devices. A hard pill to swallow having a HD3D projector, a 65" passive 3DTV an Emagine Z800 3D HMD, (early VR device), a IZ3D monitor and an OEM tridef 3D supported monitor in storage. As you can see I was and am up to my a$$ in 3D devices and really didn't want another one to store. So I stored the PS3 and games shortly after I got them.

Others into PC3D gaming know DirectX11 is the end of the line for us since all the 3D driver makers has either went out of business or stopped 3D development. Since there is no road ahead, I decided to see what's still available and working as far as 3D. 

I'm pretty new to emulators and just recently stumbled on RPCS3 and have tested some games that were acclaimed to be great 3D games. Sorry to say in most cases the 3D is still locked down to Sony's 3DTV with a few exceptions .
 Working are.

Avatar BLUS30374:  Great I finally get to play this game. I'm getting real slow framerates during combat, but the 3D is pretty decent and comparable to PC3D. A 3D screen capture if I may. [Image: PS3%20Avatar%202.png?dl=0] [Image: PS3%20Avatar%201.png?dl=0]

Assassin's Creed revelations BLUS30808: I have to run it by booting in default but it looks and plays great for a few moments in SBS 3D. Always freezes and locks up after a few encounters though.

Games that are not working, some are detecting my 3DTV as not supported, most are just crashing and not working at all in PC3D are.
  Resistance 3: 
  Bat Man Arkham Asylum:
  Mortal Kombat BLUS30522: native 3D not working but more on this...
  Crysis 2&3: 
  A few more I tried and not working if I can remember. 

Avatar is the only game so far that is playable in 3D to me, though it's listed as in game issues.

The alternative for me is that thankfully Reshade with Depth 3D is working like a charm on many games. here are a few stereo captures using RPCS3 with that process. 

Mortal Kombat [Image: PS3%20MC%20depth%203d%202.jpg?dl=0]
Red Dead redemption: [Image: PS3%20red%20dead%20d3d%203.jpg?dl=0] [Image: PS3%20red%20dead%20D3d%201.jpg?dl=0]

I will update if I find more fully working in 3D, please let me know if anyone has any must see in 3D games they know are working on 3D hardware other than Sony's 3DTV

Edit: removed images , they were not displaying correctly
Edit 2: for image updates. Not sure why they are at a squished ratio, is widescreen and undistorted during gameplay here
This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 11:28 PM by Grant S.