cinnamon screensaver
Started by aPpYe

0 posts in this topic
aPpYe

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Nov 2021
11-27-2021, 06:55 PM -
Hello, I am having an issue where the screensaver (and subsequent power management task to power off the monitor) is not inhibited when playing a game.  I found this, but I don't know how relevant it is, as I am using Cinnamon (not Mate) and the option (Prevent display sleep while running games) is not grayed out in the emulation tab under settings.  I did notice the description mentions the "org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver D-Bus service" is required.  I am not sure how to tell if I have this ... 

A quick google search suggests that maybe I do not?  Running the following command does not produce any output with the word, "screensaver" in it, but I don't really know what I am doing here.

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.DBus  /org/freedesktop/DBus org.freedesktop.DBus.ListNames

... I suppose I can make a looping script that disables the screensaver while RPCS3 is active, but I am hoping there is a more proper way to do this.  Perhaps I need some qt or kde libraries or something?

I am running Cinnamon 4.8.6 on Debian Bullseye, the RPCS3 appimage and all Debian packages are up to date as of this writing.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

I think toggling the setting off and then back on again seeems to have fixed it .... Hopefully it sticks!
This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 08:23 AM by aPpYe.