RPCS3 won't launch, appears in task manager for a few seconds then disappears(SOLVED)
Started by PhysicsFreak101

0 posts in this topic
PhysicsFreak101

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2021
11-21-2021, 10:55 PM -
Last night RPCS3 was working fine, but when I tried to open it this morning it no longer works, doesn't give any error message, and no versions of it work. When trying to start the old version in rpcs3_old, it gave me the error message "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." I'm attaching the log file(s) for the current and rpcs3_old versions below. Please tell me if I need to attach any other files to troubleshoot this, I've been trying everything I can.

Things I've tried doing to fix it:
Restarting PC
Reinstalling my graphics drivers (for GTX 1070 if that helps)
Trying to run it in compatibility mode for Windows 8 and 7
Installing several other recent versions of RPCS3 (within the last week).

Edit 1:
Here are a few more things I've tried, and some more information. I tried to repair Visual C++, nothing changed, I tried to uninstall and reinstall Visual C++, nothing changed, and then I tried to run the program through CMD, and while nothing changed, I got some different (I think, it's hard to tell because both are so spare) logs, I'll attach them as "New CMD Logs.7z". Also, when I open the program, a window does not open on my desktop, and the program only appears in the "Background processes" part of task manager, not the "Apps" part. Also, I changed the name of the folder everything is in, if that changes the logs.

SOLVED: Uninstalling Overwolf fixed it, I think it might have had something to do with their game capture updates, though I'm not sure, and none of the changes in Overwolf's changelog seem to indicate any updates that would break RPCS3. (mods, please don't delete this, on the reddit there were several other people looking for a solution and I'm sure more people will be looking in the future)
This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 10:01 PM by PhysicsFreak101.

Attached Files
.7z   Current Version Logs.7z (Size: 675 bytes / Downloads: 1)
.7z   Old Version Log.7z (Size: 654 bytes / Downloads: 1)
.7z   New CMD Logs.7z (Size: 599 bytes / Downloads: 4)