A few questions
Started by Flimbosquest

2 posts in this topic
Flimbosquest

3 posts 2 threads Joined: May 2021
05-09-2021, 03:01 AM -
Hi all. Been really enjoying the emulator for the past couple of days. I have wasted countless hours testing a few games. Some of which seem to work very well such as Terminator Salvation, Resistance 2, and Demon Souls. I am however getting a little frustrated with other games offering extremely low FPS. Little Big Planet is a big issue, I am lucky if I get 10FPS out of that game! I have tried various combinations and enabled and disabled all sorts of emu settings but it will not run as expected!  

My PC has an i5 3750 CPU @ 3.4GHz, 12GB ram, 1660TI 6gb.

I am truly amazed that given my CPU is over ten years old it runs anything at all so the games I have ran well has suprised me. One game that baffles me is LBP Karts. It loads and runs fine up until I enter the first race then it crashes? Haze is another game that baffles me. Ran very well for 30 minutes then became very sluggish. If I can run certain games well why isn't something as basic as LBP not giving me anymore than 10FPS? I am running the latest emu software, GPU is up to date etc. Is their something I am missing?

Would also like to say well done to the developers behind the emu. It's very well done.
yurinator557
RPCS3 Tester

356 posts 44 threads Joined: Jul 2019
05-09-2021, 03:20 PM -
(05-09-2021, 03:01 AM)Flimbosquest Wrote: Hi all. Been really enjoying the emulator for the past couple of days. I have wasted countless hours testing a few games. Some of which seem to work very well such as Terminator Salvation, Resistance 2, and Demon Souls. I am however getting a little frustrated with other games offering extremely low FPS. Little Big Planet is a big issue, I am lucky if I get 10FPS out of that game! I have tried various combinations and enabled and disabled all sorts of emu settings but it will not run as expected!  

I am truly amazed that given my CPU is over ten years old it runs anything at all so the games I have ran well has suprised me. One game that baffles me is LBP Karts. It loads and runs fine up until I enter the first race then it crashes? Haze is another game that baffles me. Ran very well for 30 minutes then became very sluggish. If I can run certain games well why isn't something as basic as LBP not giving me anymore than 10FPS? I am running the latest emu software, GPU is up to date etc. Is their something I am missing?

Would also like to say well done to the developers behind the emu. It's very well done.

There is currently a performance regression for the LBP games, try build 12025.
Flimbosquest

3 posts 2 threads Joined: May 2021
05-09-2021, 03:49 PM -
(05-09-2021, 03:20 PM)yurinator557 Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 03:01 AM)Flimbosquest Wrote: Hi all. Been really enjoying the emulator for the past couple of days. I have wasted countless hours testing a few games. Some of which seem to work very well such as Terminator Salvation, Resistance 2, and Demon Souls. I am however getting a little frustrated with other games offering extremely low FPS. Little Big Planet is a big issue, I am lucky if I get 10FPS out of that game! I have tried various combinations and enabled and disabled all sorts of emu settings but it will not run as expected!  

There is currently a performance regression for the LBP games, try build 12025.

Thank you. I'll give it a bash.
This post was last modified: 05-09-2021, 03:49 PM by Flimbosquest.