Segfaults / Crash when launching within ES
Started by DigitalDevil

0 posts in this topic
DigitalDevil

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2021
04-09-2021, 12:31 PM -
Hi All, 

So recently I decided to give RPCS3 a go and add it to my EmulationStation (RetroPie) install on my x86 Linux Mint (v20.1) laptop.. 

I had some initial issues with the integration, namely I had to launch the emulator directly (not through ES) in order to configure the controller and have games launch in full screen though after that, everything seems to work great with Demon's Souls which was the game I was testing at the time when launching through EmulationStation.. 

With the above in mind, I decided to jump in and add God of War Collection to my games list.  This seems to launch, start up as if it is going to work then fail with a segfault and a few other errors.. 

So I did some Googling, updated RPCS3, updated all of the base packages for ES though this didn't seem to resolve the issue. 

Just out of interest I launched rpcs3 directly again (not through ES) and started the game, seems when I do it this way, it works great, no issue at all...

So now I don't know if the issue is specific to ES or RPCS3?.. 

TL;DR:
Game launches fine when launching 'rpcs3.AppImage' directly, fails when launching through EmulationStation with the below. 

The SegFault errors: https://imgur.com/a/EYPc0jq

RPCS3.log attached. 

Any ideas? - Anyone else seen this issue before?

Attached Files
.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 170.82 KB / Downloads: 1)