Using rpcs3 in real time priority removes freezing....
Started by Braindead82

2 posts in this topic
Braindead82

2 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2021
03-23-2021, 10:20 AM -
I have a question for the great developers of this awesome emulator. I do not know if you are aware of this or not but i recently discovered this solution with freezing problems. I have tried to play ratchet and clank games (mostly the original trilogy) with freezing issues. I tried also tools of destruction and it freeze alot. I tried many different settings from the gpu/cpu menu but they did not help. Then i chanced the rpcs3 priority to real time from windows task manager and i was amazed, because after that i have had 0 emulator freeze. I have played TOD about 3 hours now after i made the change, and it plays great. I even chanced it back to normal priority and the emulator freeze in about 5 minutes, so this can not be just coincidence.

I would like to know how the real time makes the emulator so much more stable (at least for me), and maybe this helps other users too with freezing issues. Many thanks!

EDIT: This is really interesting... Today i played TOD again in normal priority for a few hours without any issues. So suddenly the emulator do not freeze at all. I was so sure i found something that would affect the performance of the emulator, But maybe the devs just fixed something that had an impact on the problem. Well i am atleast very happy that it works so well now.

Big thanks to the developers for improving this emulator every day.

Sorry if this was just misinformation......

My specs are:
i7-7700k 4.2ghz
nvidia gtx 1070ti driver 461.40
16gb ram
win10
This post was last modified: 03-26-2021, 06:53 PM by Braindead82. Edit Reason: wrong infromation.
romano

19 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2021
04-21-2021, 06:33 PM -
Answer is likely cache. You have build up cache in previous runs so in later ones game did not hang anymore. It is normal to see often to run same game several times with hangs until it stop and works fine. Better solution is to use driver wake-up delay which so far solved every such problem for me.
[email protected], 16GB RAM, GTX1060-6GB, Win7
sandman15552000

4 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2017
04-26-2021, 01:47 AM -
These are both great. But I would not set to real time as this can freeze your system. Maybe above normal or high. Where do I set up driver delay again. I have notice lag even though I'm not using anywhere close to my resources. I know sometimes this is caching but other times I think something else is hanging.

I am running 9900k 32gb of ram and a 2080 super.
This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 02:45 AM by sandman15552000.