Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires crashes persistently.
Started by Simsalabim

1 posts in this topic
Simsalabim

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2021
03-06-2021, 02:47 PM -
Hey everyone,

For the past 2 years or so I've been patiently waiting for RPCS3's updates to be able to play some of the older Warriors games that I always enjoyed, particularly the Empires series.
Samurai Warriors 4: Empires and Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires are now perfectly playable with only a few minor graphics issues here and there. Absolutely amazing!

Unfortunately there is one last Warriors title that, for some reason, will not stop crashing after about.... give or take... 10-15 minutes into any *battle*-sequence in the game  and that's Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires.

(The game works fine on the map, in the menus, creating characters, options menu, etc. As soon as a battle starts, it will eventually crash).

When it crashes, the sound/music continues to play uninterrupted, but the screen completely freezes and RPCS3 becomes unresponsive. It is the only game in my RPCS3 collection that does this, everything else works flawlessly. I've tried to fiddle with certain settings, did a TON of google and YouTube searches, and while I've found a few posts from other people with the same issue, nobody seems to have a solution.

I imagine to troubleshoot this you will need a few things from me, but I do not know if RPCS3 keeps detailed crash logs. Let me know if there's anything I can add to this post that would help.
Here's my game info and custom config for DW6:E though:

The full title:
DYNASTY WARRIORS 6 Empires [BLES00540]

Thanks for your support!

Edit: Forgot to include the attachments it seems.

Uhm, yeah, it seems I can't figure out how to include the config pics in my post. It says they're uploaded but "add to post" doesn't seem to work lol.

Imgur it is then
This post was last modified: 03-06-2021, 06:48 PM by Simsalabim.
Simsalabim

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2021
03-07-2021, 10:26 PM -
Here are my log files: 

.7z   RPCS3 Log Files.7z (Size: 2.7 MB / Downloads: 2)
https://www80.zippyshare.com/v/n7xS8Cfk/file.html