Dead Space 2 [BLUS30717]
Started by jpotter145

0 posts in this topic
jpotter145

14 posts 9 threads Joined: Oct 2020
02-08-2021, 07:40 AM -
Emulator Version : RPCS3 v0.0.14-11691-ddac4686 Alpha

Game is playable, very consistent framerates - solid 30 fps for the most part.  My CPU suffered a few slowdowns on the train during encounters, but they were short lasting.  The biggest problem as reported for other Dead Space 2 game ID's, this version also suffers with severe audio clipping at times.  I tried multiple options - making sure "Enable SPU loop detection" was disabled, as well as increased audio buffering to 150ms, Enabled Time Stretching, tried less SPU threads(down to 1, per suggestion in another thread) and reduced the Master Volume a bit.  No changes seemed to impact the clipping which seems to become more severe the more AI characters and lighting/maybe shadows on screen.  

See example of audio clipping in the video here:   https://youtu.be/WFMS9M_RK7I

Other than the audio clipping, the only other issue I encountered was a few visual artifacts that appear time to time with odd lighting situations.  Example :     

The game is still very much playable as none of these issues are game breaking, though it would make the experience better if the audio clipping could be sorted.

Hardware:
CPU - Ryzen 1800X
GPU - Radeon R9 290X
Mem - 16 GB

Log:  
.7z   RPCS3_DeadSpace2.7z (Size: 2.71 MB / Downloads: 12)

Screens:

This post was last modified: 02-09-2021, 05:58 AM by jpotter145.