Applying licenses for PSN games dumped from PS3
Started by onkeh

0 posts in this topic
onkeh

50 posts 10 threads Joined: May 2020
01-11-2021, 12:39 PM -
Hello all! Has anybody successfully managed to apply rap license to non-disc content dumped directly from PS3? I copied the game files from the relevant dev_hdd0/game directory and assembled via makepkg1/2.exe - I confirmed this works on DRM-free games like NPJB00135 (disc install version) and NPEA00020 which both install/run fine!

I own all these games and successfully generated the rap files using the guide here no problem:
https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=H..._PSN_games

And installed in RPCS3 but I get still get "digital content could not be decrypted" error on launch. Any ideas how to get this working? I feel I am so close!! Many thanks!!

NPEB00022 also install/loads but is stuck in demo version... same license issue I guess...!

I've been messing around with signing the generated pkg files but now that I think about it that's probably just for the installation process (which RPCS3 doesn't care about I guess?) - and the error is with decrypting the EBOOT.BIN - so the question remains why is it ignoring the generated rap file? Hrmmmm

rap files were bad due to incorrect IDPS - all working now!

In fact discovered you don't even need to create pkg file - just copy straight from ps3 dev_hdd0/game to rpcs3/dev_hdd0/game directory, install correct rap file and all good!
This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 04:50 AM by onkeh.

Attached Files
.7z   RPCS3.7z (Size: 4.73 KB / Downloads: 9)