PSN Account
Started by TonyC

0 posts in this topic
TonyC

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2021
01-01-2021, 02:24 PM -
It seems that Sony has deleted my account (I'm fuming), I had a long period of inactivity, maybe 18 months plus, (Covid hasn't helped, a year away from home and some traveling before).
After reading their Terms Of Service it says they'll use their discretion when determining if an account is dormant. 

The point to this. I ONLY bought my PS3 to play a select few unique games. Over the years some have become available on different platforms, (Steam). One game in particular Gravity Crash by Just Add Water Ltd is ONLY on the PS3 (I know a version is on the PS Vita, but the screen is too small for me). It was this game I bought the PS3 for.

So if I do somehow manage to install the required custom firmware on my PS3 to facilitate the dumping/transferring of the game, will it all be a waste of time seeing as though my account is no more?

The next time I turn on the PS3 I'm going to disconnect the ethernet cable to make sure the games still work. But I imagine they'll occasionally want to connect to a server to check licence details?

I hope someone can clarify the above.

Cheers