some strange bugs and log messages
Started by Augusto

0 posts in this topic
Augusto

79 posts 40 threads Joined: Feb 2018
12-26-2020, 08:08 PM -
I have used the version 0.0.13-11473 in Linux Ubuntu 20.04 FX-6300 4 GB RAM GT 640 and all bugs are about 0.0.13-11473.
Strange bugs are happened and I need information to understand what the correct way to bug report.

Randomly some games that run between 70 to 100 % emulation speed stop using totally the CPU and work as every second there is a frameskip with the game running between 5 to 20 frames per second with the sound fast and normal speed needing to close the game and restart.
Hokuto no Ken Ken's Rage 2 and others I don't remember at the moment.

In almost all games the message log have several references for
VM failed to sudo lock memory consider increasing the size limit.
That is related with system free memory ? When happen that issue the system memory has more of 1.5 GB free.
The system not has an swap file, but has an zram using 256 MB.
Have enough system memory and the system was configured to priority system memory than system cache.
The games not crash with that message.

Some games crash with the last message log
RSX semaphore.
Even games not using totally the CPU crash also.
That is related with race condition between SPU processing and RSX ? If yes how configure to avoid it ? is related with slow CPUs ?
Happen with several games being Ridge Racer 7, GT5 Prologue demo, PES 2018, GOW Ascension, Hokuto no Ken Ken's rage 2 and others.

Starting Hokuto no Ken Ken's Rage 2 using save states from several previous versions (08-2020) crash the emulator when has the menu to choice load save (screen before game title) and thus to start need to remove previous save state, but can crash when saving or starting with new save state being an random bug and in message log is displayed lines related with errors in module related with trophies.

I need information to understand how report bug about it and thus avoid create wrong reports.

Thanks for read.
Have an nice day.
This post was last modified: 12-26-2020, 10:21 PM by Augusto.