[BCUS98208] LittleBigPlanet - exceptfds not implemented - Low Framerate
Started by ElectricBullet

0 posts in this topic
ElectricBullet

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2020
12-06-2020, 04:59 PM -
Hello, I installed RPCS3 to play LittleBigPlanet but when I launch it, it boots into the game but runs at between 7 and 15 FPS. When I view the log, it has the same error message repeating over and over again, "E {PPU[0x1000017] Thread (game host thread) [0x00f3016c]} sys_net: sys_net_bnew_select(): exceptfds not implemented". I have included an image of the log below. I tried to upload the log as a .log file and it says that format is not supported, and when I try to attach it as a .txt, it says file too large. If there is another way to do it, please let me know. 

Specs:
i5-4440
16GB RAM
GTX 1060 6GB
Latest version RPCS3
Firmware v4.87

I know the CPU is low end, but I wanted to see if the game would run at all. I'm getting 30 frames in the load screen, so I think there's a chance it'll work, it's just this error.

There is this video online showing someone playing Demon's Souls on an i5-4460 at playable framerates, so I assume I should be able to play LittleBigPlanet on a very similar CPU, given that it is probably less demanding. I think that it is this error that is slowing everything down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9uo8TImJik
This post was last modified: 12-07-2020, 03:08 AM by ElectricBullet. Edit Reason: Added detail

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)