Dante's Inferno [BLES00713] - Game-Breaking Bug, Possible Regression
Started by jjw410

2 posts in this topic
jjw410

12 posts 4 threads Joined: Oct 2020
Bug  10-21-2020, 06:46 PM -
Hey everyone, hoping I could get some help. There's a point at the end of the Shores of Acheron, just after you rip the head off of Mr Boaty McBoatface, where you climb up the side of falling cliff on the back of an enemy. Once you get to the top, the bridge you're standing on will begin to fall. At this point the game freezes. I've attached a picture of where this happens, sometimes it'll happen a little bit later or earlier but the picture shows the most common spot. Unfortunately, this is about 10 minutes after a save point, so I try it again, 10 mins later, crash at the same point.

Long story short I have spent HOURS testing different builds as the log turns up no errors and the discord didn't see anything wrong either. Some builds freeze instantly, some builds you can die 5-10 times before it freezes. I thought I found the correct build that caused the regression, died 10 times without it freezing. Tried it one more time, froze instantly. And even more annoyingly, once you go back to build about 10720, save files are no longer detected, so this entirely different build-related bug is stopping me from find where this problem has started. To be clear, the game will lock up, the audio will still play normally, but performance overlays will freeze and the emulator needs to be restarted.

Logs:

There are no "good" log files but here is the freeze occurring at 4 of the 15+ builds I have tested.

.gz   10821_bad.log.gz (Size: 2.63 MB / Downloads: 4)

.gz   10816_bad.log.gz (Size: 2.61 MB / Downloads: 0)

.gz   10815_bad.log.gz (Size: 2.24 MB / Downloads: 0)

.gz   10725_bad.log.gz (Size: 2.19 MB / Downloads: 0)

System Config:

* OS - Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
* MOBO - ASRock B450 Steel Legend
* CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
* GPU - Geforce GTX 970
* Driver version - 456.38
This post was last modified: 10-21-2020, 06:48 PM by jjw410.
PointBlank22

3 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct 2020
10-21-2020, 10:09 PM -
Hey there.
I beat the game on rpcs3 just a couple of months ago, I faced the exact same problem.
This helped a lot, but you need to follow both Part A and B, as silly as B may seem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFCJxAzE3Uc

It may not work as it's a hit or miss, worst case scenario is to grab a save file just after that point in the game.
jjw410

12 posts 4 threads Joined: Oct 2020
10-21-2020, 10:56 PM -
(10-21-2020, 10:09 PM)PointBlank22 Wrote: Hey there.
I beat the game on rpcs3 just a couple of months ago, I faced the exact same problem.
This helped a lot, but you need to follow both Part A and B, as silly as B may seem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFCJxAzE3Uc

It may not work as it's a hit or miss, worst case scenario is to grab a save file just after that point in the game.

Hey man, thanks for the video, if I'm not the only one then this must be a really weird emulator bug, I'll pass it along to the Github Smile