Demon's Souls Audio Looping
Started by Johnny Johnson

0 posts in this topic
Johnny Johnson

2 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2020
09-27-2020, 07:53 AM -
I played through Demon's Souls successfully with almost zero problems except for this one audio error, but since I would like to put in further playthroughs, I would really need a fix. (this is not the regular audio distortion problem that happens when playing the game for too long without pausing it)

To sum it up, every time a sound plays, instead of playing the whole length of the audio file, the first couple seconds loop. This is no big deal in some cases as the audio will simply be distorted when rolling or attacking, since they are such short clips, but with ambient sounds that last longer than a couple secs, it makes the game unenjoyable without muting it, for example when there is a waterfall, all I hear is the same 2 seconds of audio looping on itself. Audio such as NPC dialogue or music works perfectly, same for cutscenes.

Furthermore I have a much weirder problem that only happened two times throughout my playtime, it is a loud beeping noise that randomly appeared out of nowhere and disappeared just like that, this is a non-issue since it lasted for like 5 mins out of a 25 hour playthrough, but if it is fixable I'd be glad to hear it

Specs are Windows 10, 1050 Ti, i7-7700 2.80 GHz, 16GB ram. Thanks in advance!