Broken 60 fps patches and menus locked to 30 fps in all Kingdom Hearts games
Started by MadeOfSalt

0 posts in this topic
MadeOfSalt

3 posts 3 threads Joined: May 2020
09-21-2020, 05:37 AM -
Something changed in RPCS3 at some point that locked all Kingdom Hearts games to 30 fps everywhere, including menus, which ran at 60 fps originally (except Birth By Sleep?). Am I the only one getting this? Wasn't immediately noticeable until an update quite a bit later broke most 60 fps patches for these games (at least the USA versions). The only ones that still work are the community 2.5 HD ones. These need to be toggleable in real-time, like in Cheat Engine, because they lead to crashes, almost entirely in cutscenes. 

Apparently, input lag seems to have been increased massively to the point that I can see the delay for movement without having to slow down any footage or anything. I have enough time to move the stick completely in 1 direction and wait like a second for it to be reflected. The working community 60 fps patch reduces this by half presumably.

Edit: It seems the input lag was completely on my end, as it vanished after finding out my display has a "game mode". Regarding the community patches, it's either that at some point my refresh rate was set to 30 Hz or it was fixed in today's build. I think it would be the latter because then it wouldn't make sense that they did work for other games.
This post was last modified: 09-27-2020, 03:29 AM by MadeOfSalt.