SzynekPersona 5 [BLUS31604] - graphical artifacts in bottom-right corner
Started by Szynek




4 posts in this topic
Szynek
Member


0
4 posts 2 threads Joined: May 2020
07-25-2020, 09:09 AM -
#1
I wanted to get into Persona 5 for some time now. The game seems to run fine but there is one issue that I've been seeing since 0.0.9. Not sure if this is emulator bug, or am I doing sth wrong.

The thing is, every time there is a map animation (bottom-right corner), there are some graphical glitches/artifacts: My spec:
  •     SPU: Seasonic Focus Plus 750W 80 Plus Gold
  •     MB: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX
  •     CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  •     RAM: HyperX 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB)
  •     GPU: MSI GTX 1080
  •     OS: Windows 10 Pro (1909)
My RPCS3 settings --> https://imgur.com/a/EEGT5ur

I'd appreciate any help.

Also: attaching logs here.
This post was last modified: 07-25-2020, 09:19 AM by Szynek.


Attached Files
.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 239 KB / Downloads: 1)
Ani
Administrator
*******


8
3,087 posts 75 threads Joined: Aug 2017
07-27-2020, 08:09 AM -
#2
You have a bunch of wrong settings. No idea how you messed them up that bad...

Disable Frame Limiter
Disable Thread Scheduler
Enable Approximate XFloat (WTF, how did you disable this in the first place)
Set VBlank Rate to default, the FPS patch does the unlocking itself

If it is still an issue, disable Multithreaded RSX
Szynek
Member


0
4 posts 2 threads Joined: May 2020
07-27-2020, 07:13 PM -
#3
By trial and error I was able to narrow down the cause. Apparently, it works fine when I disable 60 FPS patch/mod here --> https://imgur.com/a/n0sPBzC

@Ani: tried Your suggestions, didn't change anything (no noticeable performance/visual change either). As a side note: my current settings are the result of couple tutorials + experiments but I should point out, that I tried re-installing rpcs3 couple times over the last couple months, and even when trying with default settings (+Vulkan, obviously) I still have this problem. I can try to re-install again with the defaults again, if You think that this might help.
Ani
Administrator
*******


8
3,087 posts 75 threads Joined: Aug 2017
07-29-2020, 08:28 AM -
#4
The 60 FPS patch shouldn't be causing this, I've never seen this issue before in fact, regardless of using patch or not, that's very weird. Maybe this is a recent bug/regression? You may want to try with some random version from 1 or 2 months ago to see if that's the case.

The settings I mentioned have to be that way, if some tutorial told you otherwise it's wrong. If anything, you can test Thread Scheduler On vs Off to see what gets you the best performance but you should get it with it Off as I mentioned. Frame Limiter makes no sense because the game limits itself, you're just adding extra latency for absolutely nothing, Changing VBlank Rate only messes up logic since the unlocking is done by the patch and doesn't require it. Approximate XFloat isn't on UI because it's supposed to never be disabled, things like that can happen when you do, even though it may not be the cause for that specific bug.
Szynek
Member


0
4 posts 2 threads Joined: May 2020
08-01-2020, 10:55 AM -
#5
@Ani, it's not anything recent, I tried some previous versions before (I've been trying to run this game since January, updating version every couple weeks, I've seen this problem every single time). Also: I tried some previous version before I posted (clean installation, default settings, other than setting Vulkan as render). I even obtained other game version (EU, instead of US) but the problem was still exactly the same. Thanks for the explanation of the settings though, I will try to keep that in mind in the future.

I did some digging, and eventually found video of somebody else, clearly having the same issue (see here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ykPwVuZNQ). Now at least I know that my case isn't singled out; still, it has to be somewhat rare, since nobody is talking about it (I tried several pages of Google search before posting, it seems that nobody posted about it anywhere).

Now more to the point: I was able to "fix" this issue, by using one of the patches, that disables HUD elements; to be clear: I didn't disable all of the HUD, just this one problematic element (which removed animation, that caused problems).

If anybody is interested how to do this, it's really simple:
# Enable "Disable HUD Elements" patch --> https://imgur.com/a/i0bC8Ui
# Edit "patch.yml" and comment everything other than "place pict" (which AFAIK means that only this one is actually disabled) --> https://imgur.com/a/4C4JYfN

You can see how it works here --> https://www.mediafire.com/file/gcoc7b5hkelfoxx/file. Note, that I only played for about ~5 minutes, so I have no idea how it works later on.
This post was last modified: 08-01-2020, 01:54 PM by Szynek.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)