[BLUS31469] Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Started by liljimbernickle

0 posts in this topic
liljimbernickle

1 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2020
Exclamation  05-11-2020, 03:27 PM -
Hello,

I recently started playing persona 4 arena ultimax and decided I wanted to get an undub of the game since the english dub really didn't strike my fancy. I went through with the process today using the mod tools I found on github, with the help of a reddit thread offering more detailed instructions.

Essentially all I did was extract the japanese game's bddata and create a new update in \dev_hdd0\game\BLUS31469\USRDIR\update\, containing all the bddata files, and then applying the update to switch from english to japanese voices with a patch.

The undub itself was successful and the game has all the audio files replaced to be Japanese. But ever since I enabled the undub, I can't enter any battles. The moment a battle finishes loading, it doesn't enter the battle but instead shows a black screen, which freezes the game and gives this error in the log:

W {RSX [0x004b8f4]} RSX: Cache miss at address 0xC3A00000. This is gonna hurt...
[blocks of text that generally repeat and show no error]
F {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x005968c8]} MEM: Access violation reading location 0xb5fbac3f
W {cellAudio Thread} cellAudio: Audio backend stopped unexpectedly, likely due to a buffer underrun

I'm not very sure why this would cause the game to break, and I know several people who have done the same process as me and are still able to play the game normally with no issues. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do, I would appreciate anything at this point since I'm completely stumped. Also unsure if I need to attach any other information, I'm relatively inexperienced with these things.

Thank you.