Open Joystick Display not working with RPCS3
Started by pogun1

0 posts in this topic
pogun1

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2020
05-06-2020, 08:28 PM -
I'm trying to use this program called Open Joystick Display. It works fine, except when I focus on either the RPCS3 setup screen or the game itself. When I do that, OJD no longer detects inputs, even though RPCS3 is. I'm using the default Dualshock 4 handler. I asked the Github for OJD and they responded with:

"looks like RPCS3 is doing device locking and I have no way of controlling that (consider that the problem is RPCS3 and not my application- mine works fine with other emulators/games, if the emulator wants to take control/lock a device I can't help with that). Furthermore I don't support 3rd party drivers as it is a headache to support since everyone's configuration is different, you can read more about that in these tickets:

I would go to their github or whatever their support mechanism is and talk to their crew as to why this is a thing because they should just be using the standard HID/Joystick that windows provides since the PS4 controller is natively supported without a 3rd party device or driver."