Questions about PS3 and RPCS3 Memory Mapping
Started by CosmoCortney

0 posts in this topic
CosmoCortney

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2020
04-08-2020, 01:32 PM -
Hiya,

for a year now I've been working on a cheating tool compatible with multiple emulators.
This week I have added support for ePSXe and PCSX2. Now I'd like to add support for RPCS3, which seems to be a little tricky.

First of all, I'd like to know the logical memory mapping of a real PS3. Especially where the game's data is stored. Done some research online but couldn't find what I was looking for (or I'm just blind). Well, here's information about the physical layout. Concerning the size of the sum of all ranges labeled as "GameOS", they seem to be the game's memory.

When I tried determining the emulated main memory I noticed it seems to be dismembered into smaller parts with private ranges in between. This makes implementing a cheat search a bit complicated.

The selected memory range contains the number of bolts for Ratchet & Clank [EUR/BCES00052].

Can anyone help me find information about the logical memory mapping of a real PS3 and explain a bit about RPCS3's memory mapping, like where to find the first offset of the memory occupied by the game?

thanks