Hello There, Guest! Register

General Build Question
#1
Big Grin 
Hello there everyone, newbie here posting my first question. I have done most of the research, but I wanted to reach out to this community and get the final saying on the topic that I am a bit torn. So I am planning to build a Retro Gaming PC which will house all the emulation that we have so far. And if I still have more power to spare, I might as well make this my Gaming PC All Around. I was almost ready to order my hardware, but when I posted the question on Reddit, I was told that RPCS3 heavily favorites Intel Processors even tho AMD Ryzen has been added to Approved CPU Requirement. I ask this wonderful community to look over my Config and let me know which way I should go. I appreciate everyone's time on this question. 

AMD Quick Config Info:
  • Ryzen 3700x 8C/16T
  • 32GB System Ram
  • RTX 2070 Super

Intel Quick Config Info:
  • i9-9900K
  • 32GB System Ram
  • RTX 2070 Super
I was leaning towards AMD because of the price difference, but then at the same time, I want a CPU that will handle all emulation/gaming going forward. So share your feedback on the above config and let me know what is the best way to go.

Thank you Big Grin
Reply
#2
In terms of performance, 9900K is better. It depends on how much money you want to spend.
Reply
#3
(03-17-2020, 09:04 PM)Ani Wrote: In terms of performance, 9900K is better. It depends on how much money you want to spend.

Lol at the moment I am trying to keep it below $2000 (if possible). But then at the same time I now 10th gen is coming out and I am wondering if I should wait for it or just get the 9900k now. And if Tom's Hardware is correct, then the (Core i9-10900K) might cost $562+ when available.
Reply
#4
(03-17-2020, 09:15 PM)SSJGOGETA Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 09:04 PM)Ani Wrote: In terms of performance, 9900K is better. It depends on how much money you want to walmartone spend.

Lol at the moment I am trying to keep it below $2000 (if possible). But then at the same time I now 10th gen is coming out and I am wondering if I should wait for it or just get the 9900k now. And if Tom's Hardware is correct, then the (Core i9-10900K) might cost $562+ when available.
Thank you very much.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)