60 fps in Demon's Souls affects jump performance
Started by truthfinder

1 posts in this topic
truthfinder

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-02-2019, 07:05 AM -
Hi,

Yesterday I've tested 60 fps in Demon's Souls and it looks and feels awesome. But it turns out that I can perform death jump in nexus from the same place. Go up with the outer ladder on the first platform, run up and jump. With 30 fps I fall to the bottom with reserve. With 60 fps I always fall on the lower platform with archstones. Maybe it affects game performance in other non-obvious situations. I set up all of the settings from 60 fps manual. Maybe someone know how to fix this?

P.S. Also it causes cinematics hanging. But it's acceptable to disable them instead of broken jumps.
BloodyBonzai

15 posts 9 threads Joined: Oct 2017
12-05-2019, 09:45 AM -
For the initial release of Dark Souls years ago on PC which had a locked internal resolution and 30 fps, DSfix was released that fixed these issues by unlocking the resolution and 60fps. However enabling 60fps also affected jumping distance and if you happened to slide down ladders to the floor, you would fall through the floor into nothingness. So I am certain you are not imaging this, and I highly doubt there is anything that can be done to fix it other than going back to 30fps.